Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: things to have list HELP

Post Thanks / Like

Default things to have list HELP

Can you guys give me some advice on things to have in my boat when I get it. My crappie rods are the main thing lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool List for (new)Boat

toilet paper,napkins,paperplates,papercups,plastic silverware,babywipes,tylenol,sunscreen,bug spray to name a few! Also, a sweatshirt or jacket,knit cap or gloves?? Plus your state required life jackets,
    floating pillow,fire extinguisher,floating pillow, & most important--Boat registration!

Happy Fishin!
    Lady Di/Mrs. parivercat
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

Post Thanks / Like

paddle, manual hand pump, orange fabric (18 x 18), air horn, lifejackets, anchor(s), rope (don't short change yourself here), tackle box of small hand tools, first aid kit........I'm sure I'll think of more.

If you have a local Coast Guard office, have them do a courtesy check to your boat. They have a real good checklist of things to have onboard. You'll get a coast guard inspected sticker that once it's on your boat - they won't bother you on the water. There are different stipulations with different size boats. I have found my boating certification (non mandatory) has come in very handy as well.

Post Thanks / Like

In Tennessee seeker, you must have a "signalling device" aka air horn. The floating pillow went into effect last year. Must have registration on the boat. Useable lifejacket for everyone on board, so don't have four adult jackets with two small kids. They will write you a love letter real quick . The wardens are thick on Tims so you will get checked fairly quick. go to www.tn.gov, go to wildlife resources, hunt around a little, there is a whole list there somewhere

Post Thanks / Like

Default stuff

everyone is giving you a good list - in NC the coast guard requires flares - extra plugs are good as well - if you buy from a dealer they will hook you up with all the required stuff for your area - if you but from an individual they will have most everything but you need to check expiration dates and make sure the fire exstinguisher is charged up as well - buy good rope also - the good stuff that will not mold and mildew -stuff gets wet on a boat - I would get a good waterproof bag to stow on board as well to keep important stuff you need dry

crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Spare prop and pins for your trolling motor.
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Since your going to have plastic silver ware, don't forget the beanie weinies and sardines. And by far, the most important item, A pee bucket.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy, where can I get the floating pillow, is it what they consider a throwable floating device?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We found out last year that the throwable cushion has to be out of the plastic and not in a storage compartment while on Kerr Lake. Its OK to have the life jackets in there. It does make sense, but something else to get hung up on.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Along with everything else mentioned:
    I assume you are already considering a fishfinder and GPS. Marine radio with weather station not a bad idea if fishing bigger lakes.
    A lot of guys up here are carrying the portable battery chargers now, in case the starting battery goes down.
    Spare drain plug and keys. Bumpers if it is a nice boat and you will be tieing up to docks sometimes.
    Don't laugh - folding umbrella.
    Big plastic bag for trash or emergency raincoat.
    Spare bulbs if fishing at night.
    Extra trailer light assembly if trailering a lot. Also extra bearings or complete tire and hub if going long distances.
    If you get everything you need, you are going to need a bigger boat!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast