Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Tournament Benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Tournament Benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project

If you are looking for a big pay out tournament this isn't for you, but if you want to have fun and take a Soldier fishing then keep reading. The date is May 12 at Lake Ozark Rec Center, (Army Rec). All fees go to the Wounded Warrior Project so there is not a pay out. However, we are SLOWLY rounding up some prizes. Based on what we get 1st-3rd will receive a donated prize, if we only get a few items they will go to the Soldier in the boat. All the fish caught during the tournament will be donated for the fish fry following weigh in.

You can find out more information about the WWP at Home - Wounded Warrior Project

Here is the skinny, Each boat will hold an Active duty, retired, Guard/reserve OR a Soldier from the FLW Warrior Transition Unit. So if you have a buddy that was/is in any branch of service, your good. The Soldiers that we are hosting from the WTU are Soldiers that are injured while in a theater of operation or while on Active duty. If you don't have a buddy, then you do now. We need as many boats as we can get to allow us to invite Soldiers from the WTU. It is $50 to enter and $20 for big fish, per boat. If you want more information I can send you a flyer, it was too large for me to post on here. Just send me a PM with your Email, if you are unable to make the tournament but still would like to donate any amount please feel free to do so at this link:
    https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/individual-fundraising/May5crappietournament/

The link says 5 May but the actual tournament is 12 May, we had to do some changing around. If you would like to attend pay to that link as well, I will see your name and that is how the start will be in order of who pays first. Line up is 6am at LORA, 7am is start time, 3pm is weigh in and 5pm is the fish fry. All boat owners are required to supply poles and gear for the angler from WTU. Must be in compliance with MDC and must wear a life jacket.

If you are a business owner and wish to participate with donations please send a PM and we can coordinate something.

Thanks for looking and for the support! Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun and for sure a good cuase. My son was medically retired from the Army for injuries he sustained in Iraq so i will fish it with him.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent a PM

Post Thanks / Like

Hogster, sounds like you got a plan.

I sent you an email bowdoc

Post Thanks / Like

Will send donation to fund.. I'm a proud vet ..

Post Thanks / Like

This doesn't make sense to me. You have to have someone military in your boat? If the idea is to raise money for Wounded Warrior projects, wouldn't you want as many participants as you can get, regardless of military background. Also, are you aware that there is a Bass Tournament being sponsored by MWR at the Lake Ozark Rec Area on May 12? Just FYI

Post Thanks / Like

They didn't tell me that when I called LORA, we have many people that is not military. The idea is to take soldiers from the warrior transition unit at FLW and raise money.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand completely about taking a Wounded Warrior fishing. I think I would have made that a requirement, unless of course there wasn't as many WW's as entries. Here is the link for the bass tourney.

http://www.fortleonardwoodmwr.com/im...s-tourneys.gif

Maybe it isn't too late to reschedule?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

We are changing the date to 5 May, same place and same times. I contacted LORA and they didnt know why they scheduled two tournaments on the same day but this is the date now. We are reserved for 5 May. If you have any questions send me a PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast