Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

Just got my clearance to get on the forum today soooooooooooooo. am a New bee. I have a trip planned May 5th of this year. This will be my first time on Mark Twain so will be lost for a day or two I'm sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know this may not be prime time for crappie but like fishing for nearly anything that bites....As I have often said , My favorite fish is the one on the end of my line or on my plate. Killing two birds with one stone I will give a little back ground info. I am 65 years young, retired for nearly 12 years now...have 4 boats......DON"T GET EXCITED!!!! one is a 14' Lowe Plain Jane .. that I use on my own lake,the next is a 15 foot Lowe my Dad purchased new in 1978.... it has a 15 hp Johnson and that is it... He passed in 2011 and I got it... the next one is a 1860 roughneck that I use on a trolling motor lake only, It is set up with a 80lb Terrova on the front and two 55lb Min on the rear with 7 Batteries and Electronics(rather have 5 too many than one not enough....then last but not Least a 2008 Lund crappie edition with a 115 Merc plus all the extras that my wife felt I needed. She wanted me to get a 21ft with a bigger motor, I passed. My Lund dealer said he had been selling boats for over 30 years and had never had a wife say that her husband need a bigger boat ...see guys, I trained her well! 44+ years now.....As far as boats and equip go as I have often said ( I was a commercial Photographer for over 30 years) Fancy a** equip doesn't make you a Photographer nor does four boats....I'm Just a guy with a very understanding wife. Thanks for any help that you may be able to give.

Randy

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, hope enjoy all the great information available here.

Post Thanks / Like

Early May is a good time for Twain. Try Big or Little Indian Creek.Good fishin

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from washington, mo. good bunch of people here on the mo board. I am taking my mom and wife up to twain that weekend for mothers day. hopefully the weather is nice and the fish are right on the banks!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum, south point is right that is a good time to fish and may be on the banks, cookieman is right also big and little indian creeks should be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Randy.............Twain is my home lake, however at that specific date I'll be down at Truman trying to catch their fish.

You've already gotten some good advise on location, assuming you'll be staying near the lower end of the lake and the dates sound about right for some prime-time crappie fishin.

I'm surprised by you fellers that responded! You all forgot that the newbie is supposed to take us out on his "own" lake as part of his initiation! Randy, we will need coordinates and exactly what to bring (I think SP can handle the beer and deer sausage).

Thumbs Up

U