Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 90% sure i did this incorrectly

Post Thanks / Like

Default 90% sure i did this incorrectly

Long ago when i first bought these spinnerbaits, i saw the trailer hook and thought, why in the world are these things on here?

So i broke the plastic ring and took them off. Now i am kicking my self for it.

So i went out today to Cabelas and bought a pack of trailer hooks with the plastic rings. Now no matter what size hook i get, the plastic ring is too big to stay snugged onto the shaft of the hook. Squeezing it doesn't work. So i thought back to my air force days when we used to use heatsink plastic tubes for wire repair. when we applied hot air to it, it shrunk. So i thought well, maybe its one of those deals. That didn't work.

This was the last thing i could think of, and quite frankly, it stays on there, but it looks ridiculous which leads me to believe, i didn't put this on there correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Just put your trailer hook on the main hook and then just put a piece of rubber over the hook. Just cut it about the size a little bigger than the hole on the trailer hook eye. This will let the trailer wobble behind the spinnerbait. If you are throwing it in open water turn the hook down. If you are throwing it in grass or cover than turn the hook up and it will be less snaggy. You can also use a small tube to stick over the eye and then run the main hook through it if you want to make it solid. EB

Cabela's have the little rings that go over the main hook to hold the trailers on too.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I went ahead a put the tube over the eye of the trailer hook and ran the main hook through it. It's not how i want it, i want it to wobble, but i don't understand how the tubing stays on the eye of the trailer hook if its wobbling back and forth in the water.

Any way, i went out to Cabelas to get some Road Runner jigheads, i told you if i went to Cabelas, i would get something i didn't need, haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Can always use some RR's. EB

Post Thanks / Like

You could go buy some liquid plastic in a tube and put that on the trailer hook eyes and then you could just slip the trailer hook over your regular hook and it would stay. You can do a bunch of hooks like that and let them dry and your always ready to put the trailer hook on when you want one!

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea Barry. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Barry, i will definitely look into that.

Trying to make up my mind for what kind of trailers i want to get with the RR's. I'm thinking tubes makes the most sense without getting caught up with the blade. Heck i could probably fish it without a trailer and be fine with that, haha.