Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would it be worth going to Eldorado sat in the 28 degrees?

Post Thanks / Like

Default would it be worth going to Eldorado sat in the 28 degrees?

I don't mind the cold but I just got the boat and I don't know eldorado enough to know if it would be worth the trip? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

1st,,,!!!! Lookin at de weather prediction,,, wont be 28 till 1pm. Winds outa NNE above 10mph. Wind chill 18 degrees. Ramp surfaces will freeze. Guides on poles will become frozen. Heck yaSounds like a perfect day to explore. JMO,,, wait fer a better day fer Just ta get out,,,, fish the outlet might be the best spot. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I didn't even consider the ramps being Ice. Use to trout fishing so the ice on poles and such is normal, just not use to the boat part. Great advise,

Post Thanks / Like

Who was that Chatt guy givin' out advise? Never heard of him? Kinda looks alot like that ol' man they showed grinnin' ear to ear on the KDWP site when he caught a 7" crappie:o

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site.Look'n forward to your posts.Have a good trip,stay warm.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the welcome Kingfish. Not sure who he was huntcapn but any advise was good advise for me. Of course i noticed he didnt tell me where the place he recomended was. I havnt been out to eldorado since they build shaddy creek marina. Looking forward to readying gread stories and ideas for this area from every body. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I was just funnin':p......Chatt does know a lil' about this crappie fishin':o....heck, I taught him a bunch

Post Thanks / Like

you are very modest cap

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for noticing:o

Post Thanks / Like

El Dorado is a great lake for fishing in the winter but it also comes with danger if you don’t know the lake. We have been catching nice fish but we have really worked at it. With the weather on Sat being cold and windy, I would recommend waiting . If you were to hit something or have boat trouble, I don’t think anyone will be there to help… Just my 2 cents worth…. Good luck and hope to see you on the water soon…

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast