Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ok were getting there!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok were getting there!!

Hey fellas It's almost that time of the year!!! it is getting close up here. Going out tomorrow.....whats going on down south? Is your water warming?? it was here 49 on my last outing that was two degrees colder than San Fransisco bay.I'm hoping for at least 52 tomorrow to get things started moving in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, no fooling. I'm starting to hear reports about crappie at Lake Isabella showing in fair numbers.
    That's a 160 mile drive for me, one way.
    I'm still waiting for my local lakes to get going. Lakes San Antonio, Nicimiento, Santa Margurita and Lopez are all within an hour and a half drive for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Wow!

Huh....Did you say...San Antonio, Nicimiento !! Plumber your kill ‘in me! Those lakes have been crappie legends up here in the bay area for years. And to only be 1.5 hours away. banghead

Post Thanks / Like

Default yea, i went but.....

Sorry it took so long to get this posted but not much to post... so I go up to my favorite lake. It was clear blue skies, flat but COLD! The water temp is even lower by a few degrees than my last trip even after the rain water was crystal clear so I know it's going to be slow to warm. the temp had risen just to fifty degrees by late afternoon. hmmm ok i start to realize the more I fish for these cold water crappie (my second year fishing year round)the more I realize I don’t know what the heck I’m doing. I saw what looked to be fish on the sonar dropped my fish TV and saw a crappie and a few bass... very skittish. Spent a lot of time there . One missed opportunity while dropping a couple minnows on an open spool I noticed my line stop dropping and slack by the time I could react it was to late it started free falling again. So to make a long story short: Nada all day. But I ain’t quit’in, well i had a lot of time to play with the si & got rid of that cabin fever too.