Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Christiana River+Becks Pond 2/8/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christiana River+Becks Pond 2/8/12

Went out today,cold temps and started to snow.Iwould rate fishing fair to good.Got a surprise in the Christiana on a flicker spinner.......Name:  IMAG0049.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  62.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

that's a nice surprise that i'd take anyday, thanks for keeping the fish busy until i can get back out on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Tony, NO PROBLEM!

Post Thanks / Like

Saw you guys out there yesterday on my way back from Eastern Marine yesterday.On the way back I stopped at the small dam on the Christiana thats right off I95 Southbound @ 896.Not sure if you know where I am talking about but it is part of the old millrace that runs down to Cooch's bridge.Not easy to get to but it looks very fishy.Just curious if anyone has ever fished there ? There is also a small pond that the mllrace empties into on the farm that I walked to.Gonna give it a try soon need find some more places that are off the beaten path.Nice little bass you got there.Not sure what a flicker spin is but I sure have caught a lot of them on a #2 Mepps Algia spinner.Gonna head over to the local golf course pond after dinner and try the Gulp Alive jigging grubs I picked up @ Eastern marine.

Post Thanks / Like

Rowboater, They sell those flicker spinners at Eastern Marine,they are made by hildebrant.Good luck at the golf course tonight!

Post Thanks / Like

Must have caught over 20 crappies on a single Gulp grub.I am really impressed with them.Looked up the flicker spinners on google never saw anything like them.Looks like an old time lure or ice jig almost to me.Learn something new everyday,thanks.If I swore I didn't have enough lures already I'd probably buy one.Who am I kidding always have room for another lure and I probably will pick one up next time I am at a tackle store/Eastern Marine.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used them years ago for trout.they are killer for trout!