Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glyde Slicks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glyde Slicks

Has anyone ever tried the glyde slicks that are in the grizzly catalogue. They mount on the carpeted bunk boards and are supposed to make the boat slide on and off the trailer easier.
    Cabellas has a similar product called E-Z Slide Trailer Pards.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish grizz would send my catalog. I ordered one 2 weeks ago and still have noo got it yet.
    "i only like to fish when i am by myself or with someone"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have used them in the past and they do work. Just make darn sure the boat is ready to go into the water when you loosen the bow strap .
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

10-4 on keeping the strap on until ready to launch. My fishing partner's brother lauched his tracker on the concrete ramp with the sticks.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a set 3 years ago, they work,and as Bill said you best be in the water when you let your strap loose.... real light boats not so much,,, now the ones I bought have worn out... and yes I am going to replace them,,, time to put new bunk boards on so might as well put new glide strips on... or I may get them composit bunk boards that are alerady glide strip slick.... be carefull with them on a steep ramp your boat will slide off the trailer

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them and they work great. But like the others said, be ready when you unhook the strap!
    Get Da Net! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies and the heads up. I saw a guy launch his ski boat on the ramp last year at Piercy Priest. Thats just got to be a bad day now. I am going to go order those Glyde Sliks. Johboatfisher the new catalogue may not be printed yet. I ordered off the old catalogue a few weeks ago now i saw those slicks so I need to order again. If you don't have the catalogue there is the Grizzly web page but I also prefer to use the catalogue.
    't

Post Thanks / Like

I secured 4" Sch 40 solid core PVC to my bunks and can dry launch my boat with a light shove. Can pull it on with 1 hand when loading. Like said be sure not to unhook until ready to dump em.

Post Thanks / Like

Those glyde stiks do they scratch up a aluminum boat pretty much? I would like to put them on my bunks on just the front four feet as that is the only part I have to winch up, boat floats on trailer great until u are four feet from front winch that area of trailer sticks out of water.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

they are great I'd be lost with out them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast