Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: (Fletchers, Nyona, S.Mud, Manitou) Any1 catching gills,perch there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default (Fletchers, Nyona, S.Mud, Manitou) Any1 catching gills,perch there?

These are my closes lakes, can't go to far with price of GAS!!!!!! Anyone catching any nice gills,crappie, or perch at these lakes. If so, what you using fo bait and what part of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Charly,
    Haven't heard anything, but I just wanted to say Nyona is one of my favorite lakes of all time. Fished Mud a couple of times, caught a bass and a walleye. I would think they would be getting some crappie on the far end of Nyona this time of year, though.

Post Thanks / Like

You caught a walleye at south mud. You kidding me. The DNR has never stocks eyes there. Wonder how the eye got in there. So u must live on or close to Nyona. Aren't u afraid of eating fish from there in the summer. Last I heard everyone's sewage runs into the lake. Now S Mud has very few cabins, would think in summer it would be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, no kidding. I was using a jig and minnow for crappie. I used to live in N. Judson so it wasn't too far away. As far as eating fish, I have never eaten anything from there. I only fished S. Mud twice, because I wasn't very impressed. I really liked Nyona though. I need to get back there pretty soon. Have you heard anything else about those lakes lately, or tried them yourself? The weather has been pretty screwed up lately. Good luck to ya!

Post Thanks / Like

For reports on Nyona, call Malones Bait n Conveniance(574-382-5051). He will usually tell ya what been happening. He's right on the lake.