Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cumberland Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cumberland Help

I was going to go to lake cumberland next weekend and try to catch a few slabs. I am new to the crappie game so any help would be nice. I am wanting to spider rig with my new setup. The only question is where to fish....deep water, shallow water, what do they like this time of year. I will be right by fishing creek ramp(which is closed) but am willing to try anywhere to get a nice mess of fish to eat! Thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like

Which ramp?

Post Thanks / Like

I am willing to put in anywhere. As long as I get on some fish. I usually put in lees ford

Post Thanks / Like

Lees ford should be open.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I figured it would be. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck recently on the lake. This will be my second crappie trip so I was looking for a few tips to help me be successful

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If it were me, and I was spider rigging .... I'd go back to the back end of Fishing Creek and work my way back to the dock, paying attention to my electronics. I'd work the bridge pilings ... also along the sloped bank (the one across from the dock) ... and I'd look for the large brushpile that's supposed to be back in the back of the creek.

With the temps going back down ... I'd expect the fish to be a bit deeper than what they probably have been over the last few weeks. I'd be going pretty slow, and probably be using minnows ...and maybe even a rod or two with jigs (or even a jig AND a minnow).

This is just what "I" would do ... not that that's what is "best" to do Rofl ... 'cause I just : as I haven't fished Cumberland Lake in years. But, Fishing Creek was always a good creek for Crappie, those times I did go.

... cp