Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of gas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cost of gas?

What is gas gong for down there? In PA it is $2.99 @gallon. Is it cheaper down there?

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firepheonix
    What is gas gong for down there? In PA it is $2.99 @gallon. Is it cheaper down there?
    Around $2.80 in Lexington, Ky. Check this site for statewide prices : http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=3724948

............... cp

Post Thanks / Like

The cheapest gas I saw today was $1.75

Post Thanks / Like

Gas in Evansville, IN was $2.92.9 just two days ago. It's down to $2.88.9 today.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-26-2006 at 06:15 PM. Reason: just the facts .... no politicizing
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Watch your potty mouth, kiddies could be reading. :D
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-26-2006 at 06:19 PM. Reason: excellent suggestion for all members to remember !!

Post Thanks / Like

in south louisiana it is going for $2.89 A GALLON

Post Thanks / Like

Oh here we go again.... The fact is that the price for gas in the US is lower than most countries around the world except the oil rich nations. The largest percentage of foriegn oil shipped into this county is from CANADA. One of the reasons Bush #1 went into the Gulf War situation was to KEEP the flow of oil at a somewhat stable level. If you were to calculate the percentile of fuel costs of today along with todays wages and such, it is actually lower than it was back in the days of the early 80's crisis.
    We have not started a new refinery in the country in over 25 years. The amount of red tape it takes to weed through to even get one started takes years, and years. This is due, not to democrats, or republicans, but, the all the enviromental legistration that congress has imposed over the years. Ethanol is made from CORN, we have the capability to have fuel that is 85% ethanol, but, the engines must be modified to accept in. We currently have engines that run on LEFT OVER VEGETABLE OIL from restaurant fryers, that could be used, and some are. We have Hydrogen, which burns clean, with the only exhaust being water vapor. We have ourselves to blame for not pushing alternative energy policies. T. Boone Pickens recently said, if Venezuela was to cut the US off from it's oil, that the price of oil would jump to over $100 a barrel. The problem is not with the oil companies making their profit. You think the US as a whole is seriously considering cutting out the taxes on fuel?? Not on your life. I agree the retirement benefits are rediculous, but, is Microsoft punished for making a profit for their investors? What about other companies that have big profits? Lets punish all them too. And to those of you who can't stand rich people...shame on you, if it weren't for them, none of us would have any work. The cost of fuel will hurt us all to a point. Some, even more, some, it won't matter a bit. Thing is, we all have to deal with it. The sooner we can change the engines in our vehicles to use something less expensive, and/or less poluting, the sooner the problem starts to go away.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-26-2006 at 06:48 PM. Reason: board rule violations
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I thought someone was calling for a boycott...I know I drive as little as possible unless it invloves or relates to fishing. Then I have a self-imposed 100 mile restriction at this point in time due to the BS price we are being charged. I have a Toyota Tundra V-8 and get about 15-18 highway

Post Thanks / Like

283.9 in Goodletsville tennessee 08:30 pm 4/26/06 . lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SS396
    The cheapest gas I saw today was $1.75
    Did you fall to sleep and go back to the 90's or what. That's how long its been since gas was below 2 bucks....

BTW its $2.89 in Logansport today. $2.81 last week....
    Last edited by Charly; 04-26-2006 at 10:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast