Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 2000 Pro Crappie 175

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2000 Pro Crappie 175

I am looking into a 2000 Pro Crappie 175. I was wondering if anyone had so good and bad things to say about this boat. It has a 75 2 stoke mercury on it for just under 6 k. It seemed like a fair price, but i have only seen pictures of the boat and it is 6 hours away. I don't want to take a drive to see it unless i am sure i will be coming home with it. Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

They are nice looking boats. Set up pretty well for crappie fishing. I own a Tracker but not that model. But I have drooled over that boat a few times in the showroom. With a 75 horse motor it's not underpowered. If the boats in good shape it's worth the drive. Good luck! If you buy it post pics.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2002 175 bass tracker witha 75 2 stroke and love it. I paid 6500 for it. It was very clean. Its basically the same boat your looking at. It runs 38 to 40 mph. on GPS which is plent fast for me. Go pick it up. If the guy wants 6 I bet he'll take 5500.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-06-2012 at 09:46 AM.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdubs45 View Post
    I am looking into a 2000 Pro Crappie 175. I was wondering if anyone had so good and bad things to say about this boat. It has a 75 2 stoke mercury on it for just under 6 k. It seemed like a fair price, but i have only seen pictures of the boat and it is 6 hours away. I don't want to take a drive to see it unless i am sure i will be coming home with it. Thanks for the input.
    Dubs ... NADA says boat/motor are worth around $4K (not including trailer & accessories). I think I'd add in the cost of gas for a 12hr trip, before I'd consider it a "fair price".

I'd also be very suspicious of it, if it happens to be a Craigslist boat.

Personally, I think I'd look around a little closer to home. You might even put a post on the Personal Classifieds forum ... look over the current boats for sale there ... and/or put a WTB post in the Illinois State Forum, and see if anything is to your liking that's closer to you.

I know all about "waiting" for the right boat to come along ... I passed up or missed out on 3 different very nice rigs that were advertised in the Classifieds Forum. Then along comes a lifelong friend, who up and sells me his rig for around that same price range (6K). You can see that boat in the "Show off your boats" thread, at the top of this page ... it's the first post in that thread. Jaws drop when people ask me about it, and I tell them it's a 1999 model Rofl

... cp

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I owned one of those and the only thing I did not like was that there was not enough storage in the boat.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1999 Pro Team 175 with a 75 merc and minn kota terrova w Ipilot for less than that. Pm ms for price and pics. Send mw your email address to send them to.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I just got off the phone with the guy and he dropped the price from 5750 to 5k even. Even better!!! I am still open to look at any other deal that might come along.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2001 Pro Crappie Tracker bought it last spring for $4800. Its got a 40 Horse on it
    Pros - Trailers great,runs great, mechanically great, also like the depth of inside the boat and front deck
    Cons- Lack of storage, and the narrow front end not a lot of room to wrestle around with trolling motor pedal
    Overall I feel I got a good deal for my money

Post Thanks / Like

something to ask is where was the boat stored, inside or out, and back then, wood was used in the transom and floors. If the boat was stored inside all the time, should be ok,, but if stored outside with no cover, the floors/transom may be in question. You would have to inspect it closely, get in the boat and bounce on the floor, etc., and with a 75 it should run great. I have a PT175 w/ a 60 2stroke, and it runs in the mid 30's. Solid boats if cared for.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.