Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling Bars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Bars

Has anyone come up with a cost effective and functional home made trolling bar? I made some..but one design flaw the top bar needs to be square or rectangle, its round...still functional...I just get a cold chill when I see 100.00 dollars for one bar..no holders... If someone has an Idea that works and would like to share it....the bite is on at my home lake and I'd like to tweek my bars for this season...thanks in-advance Liftbite
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)

Post Thanks / Like

I've made them from 1 inch galvanized pipe that were pretty stout. I made one for my dad to troll/catfish from that was a 6' section of perforated angle iron that I bolted to a spare seat pedestal. You can position your rod holders into the holes in the angle iron however far apart that you need and it breaks down to free up your rear casting deck when you aren't trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

I just made one for the back of my boat. I made it out of stainless tubing. Let me get home later today and I will post some pics and a step by step. I used a lathe to machine my bases though, you may not have acess to one so you will have to improvise. Mine is basically they exact same as the way driftmaster does thiers. You can go to thier website and it shows how to assemble it. Threaded rod runs through the tubing to add rigidity and its tightened down with wingnuts. Mine cost me around $50.00 for all the material, including the rod holder bases that mount to the tubing so they can be adjusted up/down and left/right ( I made these myself also, really time consuming though)
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com