Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird will back their products

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird will back their products

:D I don't recall seeing a thread or area to give feedback on warranty issues or stories so I thought I'd start a thread here.

I'm pretty darn happy with Humminbird at the moment. I bought a matrix 25 finder about 8 months ago from Cabelas and it worked fine up until a trip to Truman lake about two weeks ago. It was working, then we moved up the lake about a mile and I went to turn it on, and it would turn on but nothing appeared on the screen. You could hit the buttons and hear noises, but that was it. I called Humminbird and got a RA# for it, after explaining that it had good power going to it. I overnighted it last Monday and then left for Vegas and came home, and back to work. It showed up today and they replaced the Motherboard in it and shipped it out last Friday.

So I thought it was worth mentioning that not only did they fix it within a day or two of recieving it, there was no charge to me (or you within the first year) and they shipped it out last Friday. I can't tell you how many other companies have screwed me after I spent an arm and a leg on their products, and was left holding a peice of crap because they don't care. I'll continue to by products from them here on out. They showed me what kind of a company they are. (I better buy the extended warranty now though)

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

I have a Humminbird 727 and love it. The only problem I have is that in shallow water (<5') the thing goes crazy and starts reading random depths. Anyone else experience this? It's good to know their support is good since it seems I may have to give them a call.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Exact same

thing happened to me last week. Fishing Reelfoot and had just bought and installed two 585cs on my boat. This lake is very shallow with an average depth of 5 feet or so. Luckily the units were interchangable and i just took the one from the bow and put it at the console. WOrked fine the rest of the week. I called humminbird from the resort that afternoon and told them of my situation, when i got home on friday a call tag was waiting and i shipped it out to them on monday. Havn't heard anything yet, thought i would give them a call friday and check on the status. They told me that either they would replace it or send a new one. Both of these options sounded good, especially since i haven't gotten the rebate check yet from when i bought the units. Hope everything turns out OK.
    twister
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up They stand by their older products, too

Our old Piranha 4 portable started acting up the year before last, not turning on all the time, or only if the screen was still tilted down part way. We replaced it with a Humminbird 525, which we love.
    Then this year, we decided to get the old unit fixed when we bought a canoe, so Doug called and got a repair order number. We sent it out with a check for $49.95, their flat fee for repairs. It came back the next week with a new transducer, but still acting up. The repair order said they had replaced the outer casing, but it was the original on it, so Doug called and raised cain. They apologized, sent a UPS shipping label sowe could return it at no cost to us and off it went. It came back yesterday with a new outer casing and works fine. We be happy. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I have always had good luck with them.
    Also on the one that is reading wrong in shallow water try turning the Power down in shallow water and see if that helps.
    Also it may need updating.
    Pete