Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Will This Benefit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will This Benefit

I have liquid fish scent and was thinking of injecting into soft plastic baits via a small insulin syringe that my daughter uses for her diabetic control. I could poke a few extra holes into the plastic so that it dispenses out slower. Looking for input on the idea.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Bob .... I don't know how well a "liquid" would stay in, but a gel might work better. I think the "few extra holes" would only allow a liquid to dispense even faster, but

You might try it (at home) and see if the liquid scent stays in, or leaks out immediately. Might also depend on whether or not the plastics were real soft, or not ... as I'm thinking that a "not so soft" plastic bait would simply collapse & push the liquid right back out, due to the pressure.

Novel idea ... so let us know how it works out (or not) !!!

... cp

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a liquid scent mixed with crappie nibbles to add more flavor AND make the nibbles thinner (runnier) for use in "meat injector syringe"...

Messy to mix up... But sure adds a lot of stink to the nibbles...(that I inject into hollow tube jigs)...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I stuffed some cotton up the hollow tube and injected liquid scent into it. It worked fine but I can't say that it had any miracle effect on catching fish.