Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: FF and Rod Holders on Basstender 10.2

Post Thanks / Like

Default FF and Rod Holders on Basstender 10.2

I picked up a KL Industries Bass Tender this past summer to fish the local lakes. I really like this little boat but need to figure out where and hold to mount some rod holders and a FF. Especially interested in where you all mount the transducer. I see they have a portable bracket that I could mount on the front Trolling Motor position. Anyone ideas would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 10.2, I made a square box that sat in the middle, I stuffed the transducer wires inside, mounted the ff on top, and had a steel bracket that hung over the side that held the transducer. It worked great, sorry I don't have any pics. I put a plug on it and could plug it in to the batter and remove it any time since it was all on the same box.
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 8 foot model and had an old trolling motor mount. I took a piece of PVC and mounted the transducer to the PVC. I just set the fish finder to the side. The power cord has aligator clips. I use this on a number of boats so I dont have to buy a FF for each rig. As fara as rod holders go, I'm trying to figure out a small 4 rod spider rig setup for it. Name:  IMG_0058.jpg
Views: 6943
Size:  30.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

My basshound has a wooden block behind the skin on the left side bottom rear of the boat made for attaching transducer...maybe your boat is similar. If you want to do a portable mount I found an old trolling motor and just used the bracket w/a piece of pvc similiar to the above pics...works well unless you have a small motor on the back and trolling motor on the front and then space for the mount is the issue.
    Basspro has an aluminum transducer mount with clamp but it is kind of pricey...$40, as I remember.

Post Thanks / Like

That box method sounds interesting. Wish you had a pic of it. I'll have to check on the wood block.

Post Thanks / Like

To give a little more detail, I used something like a 1X4 on three sides, laid horizontal to form a U shape, they were about 12 inches long, and on the top a piece of plywood, which hung over the side. I always heard never cut the transducer cable, so I stuffed all the extra cable inside the box, mounted the ff on top, and used a piece of one inch steel mounted with a small angle bracket to the top, the one inch steel dropped down into the water with the tranducer on it, similar to the pic above, but it was all on one assembly so it could be picked up and taken out easily. Hope I didn't make it any more confusing. I actually had the steel stick up further than necessary, and laid my rods from the front of the boat pointing to the rear, and resting on the box between the ff and the steel transducer mount.
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583