Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: planning a trip to truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default planning a trip to truman

some buddies and i are planning a trip to truman for the first time around end of march early april. we would appreciate any info on places to stay, not sure bout bringing a boat so maybe boat rentals and were to get a good lake map? thanks in advance
    get in, sit down, shut up and fish

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend Bucksaw Resort and Marina, here's there web site Bucksaw Resort and Marina - Truman Lake, MO I have stayed there and find it very comfortable ( cabins, hotel and even on the water ) There's a restuarant at the dock ( I think is a lttle expensive ) The Marina is a full service Marina and Richard is one of the guides there that would bend over backwards to help a person, there are others there also that are great. There's also a state park there that have real nice campgrounds if your into camping. Plus you'll find a bunch CDC members there......

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw is the place to be. They have boat rental also. Great people down there that go above and beyond to ensure you have a great time on and off the water. Great area to fish also that time of year. Should be a bobber bite starting about that time. Should be able to find some shallow fish one direction or the other from Bucksaw depending on weather and temps. When it gets closer let us know maybe someone can show you around or at least give you an up to date report of what's happening in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Bucksaw is the place to be. They have boat rental also. Great people down there that go above and beyond to ensure you have a great time on and off the water. Great area to fish also that time of year. Should be a bobber bite starting about that time. Should be able to find some shallow fish one direction or the other from Bucksaw depending on weather and temps. When it gets closer let us know maybe someone can show you around or at least give you an up to date report of what's happening in the area.
    DITTO this. Bucksaw is the place to be.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be the odd ball out on this post....Sterett Creek Marina has a hotel and it is DIRT cheap. They have rooms that will keep 2 people that have a kitchen to cook your meals etc. in for $33 a night during week and $38 a night weekend....can't beat that with a stick. They do not rent boats is the only bad thing. They do however have plenty of room for park your boat in front of you room and run an extension cord to charge batteries etc. I have never stayed here, just pass by it everytime I go to the lake as this is where I put in at. Sterett Creek Resort & Marina on Truman Lake, Missouri

Good lake maps are easy to come by. No matter which way you come in, you'll be driving by a Bass Pro or Cabelas etc. and they offer a Fishing Hot Spot map of Truman for like $10. Fairly detailed. I'm also sure if you post on here again closer to time, and where you're going for sure, you'll have offers from people to help you locate fish at that time!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with Sterret creek either. Use to bass fish tournaments out of there. Good people there also.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the info, what about running your boat, i assume there is a lot of sunken wood, stumps, underwater hazards, ect. are there marked boat lanes or do you just have to know the lake?
    get in, sit down, shut up and fish

Post Thanks / Like

You better know the lake.It has the river channel that you stay in but there is times that you can't tell where it's at.Don't let it spook ya into not coming cause there is plenty of places to fish that you can feel safe.Good luck to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

take it slow, pay attention and you will not have to much trouble, and there is almost always someone arround to help out....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    take it slow, pay attention and you will not have to much trouble, and there is almost always someone arround to help out....
    Just to illustrate

Never assume you are in clear water until you have gone through an area once on your own

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast