Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crestliner opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crestliner opinion

Looking for you all's opinion on Crestliner Boats. I've seen the layout on the TC series, which isn't too bad. But just wondering on the performance and handling, plus any other juicy facts.

Post Thanks / Like

I sold a 2003 Crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk last year, with a 90 h.p. Suzuki on it. Great boat. Handled rough water very well. Lots of room and storage. Boat would run 44 m.p.h. Being it was a deep V, wind was sometimes a problem. The new Crestliners are a lot different, since the company was sold.

Post Thanks / Like

I have decades of experience with Crestliner. It's not the most popular aluminum boat, but I don't think I would buy another brand. They are excellent.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got its cousin, the Triton VT 17. Crestliner/Triton tin boats are the same now since the big sell a year or so ago.
    I like mine, its good for two folks fishing. The difference between the two can be seen in the link below. Basically, the VT is wider, cheaper and holds more gas. The TC has dual livewells and installed 3 across seat holes for spider rigging. The TC's deck will be lower into the boat than a VT. So they are close but not exact.
    My little boat goes about 32 with its 50. You might want to upgrade to the 75, it'll probably help you push 40. They are light, the wind will push them around. Big waves are a pain, you will get wet and a sore butt.
    I added two across seating to the front. I change out the electronics to Side Imaging and the trolling motor to a Terrova with IPilot. They are easy to work on. Lots of room in the rear ( I added some huge batteries for my trolling motors ). They have two tubes on the starboard side to push your electrical cords through and everything seems to be easily accessible.

Aluminum Fishing Boats | Crestliner Fishing Boats | Sport Fishing Boats

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Crestliner tiller boat for over 5 years and loved that boat. Widest hull in the "open fishing boats" class. Mine was 14'7" in length. Welded construction with flat floor, this was a fine fishing machine. Unfortunately, I had to sell her due to medical bills, but I would not hesitate to buy another.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a 175 SC FishHawk goin into her 18th season and believe me I fish her hard and put er away wet. Widest boat on the lake, pushed with a 90hp, she's been everywhere from small inland lakes to Erie and Canada in Huron for salmon and the rocky and fast Maumee River in Ohio for walleye. No complaints considering how hard I push it. As others mentioned above they are light so do get pushed easily with wind but as far as a dry ride they're great up to bout 4 footers. I've scraped about all the paint of her on the sides and even bent in 1 side slightly hitting a cement post that guards the gas station pumps, scraped the bottom several times on rocks and stumps to the point where I could feel the rock passing under my feet inside the boat and not 1 drop of leakage. I'd buy another in a heatbeat. Only drafts bout 6inches and I tell my fishing buds it's a 4-wheel drive boat and you cannot get them stuck, can bend the crap out of the prop but the boat always comes out. Also carpeted and quiet and stealthy. Ya think I like her?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Excellent boats

Probably not THE model you're interested in, but I have owned a 22' Crestliner cruiser for 27 years and I can say with certainty that they are very well built. I have had no problems with the boat at all. My best friend is a charter captain (Lake Huron) and has put thousands of hours on his Crestliner since he bought it 25 years ago. No problems. If that's not an impressive testimony I don't know what is. I'd recommend Crestliner to anyone. Good luck.
    Some of life's most precious memories take place in the presence of a fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I would own a Fish Hawk in a heartbeat.