Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mozingo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mozingo

Matt (sowtamer) and I headed to Mozingo to fill the live well with those Black Crappie. Was met at the ramp with 2" of ice. We would have never dreamed that much ice would be there after the warm Jan we had. Headed back South and saw two other boats headed that way. Stoped and fished Happy Hollow for a couple of hours. Caught one Crappie and a couple bass. Beautiful day to be on the water. Not a breath of wind. It's amazing what a difference 50 miles can make.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

wow Ice out, would have never thunk it..... bummer, oh well glad you got out and had a bit of a good time,,

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! I'm sure it ll keep a few peeps from going up there for awhile! The rain tomorrow will thin it out ALOT!

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess that's why there have been no reports from Monzingo....ICE banghead . At least you guys found some soft water!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report I been wanting to go up there

Post Thanks / Like

I was planning on ice fishing that this year in January but I dont imagine it ever got thick enough for me to walk around on. Thanks for the report btw.

Post Thanks / Like

After my Dr.'s appt. had to pick some stuff up at the pharmacy. While waiting I was looking through a magazine that had the lunar tables on it and guess what it said. A beutiful day to be on the water but the fishing was supposed to be poor. Should have looked at that before we went. Oh well a great day to be on the water and Gary managed to land a few.

Like Gary mentioned can't believe what difference 50 miles makes. All of my ponds have been clear of ice for quite awhile even the one way down the holler that doesn;t even see sunlight at this time of year. Had no idea that there would be that much ice on Mozingo.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."