Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Edhead, Did you know Tennessee holds world record on Walleye?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Edhead, Did you know Tennessee holds world record on Walleye?

It is true. It was caught at Old Hickory Reservoir, 1960. Tn. also has the worlds record on Skipjack Herring at 3 lb. 12 oz. caught at Watts Bar Reservoir, and World record smallmouth bass , 11 lb. 15 oz. caught at Dale Hollow Reservoir. Others, such as: Muskellunge at 42 lbs. caught at Norris Reservoir. Northern Pike at 24 lbs. caught at South Holston Reservoir. Lots of folks don't know about this.

"Ment" to post this info some time ago, but have problems remembering to do things. lol. This info and related Tennessee records can be fount at the below link.

http://www.tennesseelakeinfo.com/fishrecords.html

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

According to this site http://www.hotspotfishing.com/record...ds-Crappie.asp
    a 5lb 1oz white crappie was caught in a pond in Dickson County, Tenn. Personally I don't think any record fish out of a private pond should be recognized.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default World record crappies.....

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    According to this site http://www.hotspotfishing.com/record...ds-Crappie.asp
    a 5lb 1oz white crappie was caught in a pond in Dickson County, Tenn. Personally I don't think any record fish out of a private pond should be recognized.
    Here's a quote that really surprised me......from the Nov. issue of Bassmaster, and I quote verbatum: "There is a tie for the IGFA world record for Black Crappie, 4 pounds, 8 ounces. One was caught on Kerr Lake, VA, in 1981 and the other was taken in Otoe County, Neb., in 2003." end quote.
    As short as the growing season is in Nebraska, I would be at a loss to try to estimate the crappie's age, it must have lived a long life to have grown that big. The Virginia fish doesn't come as too much of a surprise, the growing season is somewhat longer there, but still is a point of interest to me. There has been several supposedly 5 pound plus crappie caught in the southern states, but they were caught before the changes were made to verify actual length, girth and weight via a Game and Fish commision, and were all unsubstantiated. They are still somewhat recognized, but kind of in a separate group that could have been labelled "maybe, maybe not." Without verification now, none will be recognized, which is as it should be. Right or wrong, I think they will even recognize pond fish if verified.

Post Thanks / Like

Awsome information. I am shocked. Tennessee has the Muskie, Smallmouth, Walleye and Northern Pike record. These are all northern sport fishing species as far as I know/knew!

Just got home from throwing some darts in a league I was talked into participating in. Had a few beers, excuse the potential miss-spellings, hickup!!!! but awsome info, it's hard to believe. Thanks for sharing! Tennessee is the place to fish then huh! I know I caught some very large Crappie there, and I know I also had a great time, so I'm sure to come back down real soon! First Spoonbill I ever seen!
    Last edited by Slab; 11-17-2004 at 02:20 AM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spoonbill

Come on over to Missouri we have a snagging season for the spoonbill. Some of them will go close to the 50-60 lb range. I have never ate one, but I hear they have no bones in them. And they are very tasty to eat.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I seen one on a SciFi show the other night. It was hanging around one of Killer's death stars. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va