Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: This weather...

Post Thanks / Like

Default This weather...

...is so "spring-like" that it has me chomping at the bit to get on the water and get some slabs!!!

Anyone else feeling that way? The woodchuck didn't see his shadow, did he?

Post Thanks / Like

yes he saw his shadow but he could be wrong. i drove over the seneca river today and it made me want to go get the boat and give it a try. maybe the next 50 degree day we get i will.

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy weather..getting in a little ice fishing but really just killing time to get out in the open water.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the boat on the Hudson the other day, roads in and out were tricky.
    Name:  tricky road.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  50.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

wow... we haven't had roads look like that in well over a week - we're on dry roads with green grass alongside them... South shore of Lake Ontario.

My local fishing hole has had open water on and off several times over the last month and I've only had to fire up my snowblower once this winter (normal winters it's 5 or 6 times every week). we normally get 150+ inches of snow in a normal winter, this year... we might end up with a grand total for the season in the neighborhood of 50". Not complaining, but I know folks with snowmobiles that aren't happy.

Post Thanks / Like

too much ice to cast....not enough to walk on! lets just skip to spring for slabs and gobblers!
    Scott's Quality Discount Baits ProStaff-Slab Jiggies ProStaff- 19D US Army CavScout

Post Thanks / Like

Supposed to hit 60 later this week - boy is it tempting to uncover the boat!!!!! Still gonna wait, just so I don't have to re-winterize it. The way things go around here, I'd take her out once then we'd get hit with another blizzard of '93 scenario. Don't want to risk exposing a de-winterized motor to freezing temps.