Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Socks

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Rod Socks

Where is the best place to buy them? Which make do you prefer?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking around for them too. I noticed that BPS just started carrying them and has the cheapest price I've seen although the length and color selection appear pretty limited.

Oops, I went to BPS's website to get the link...but it says "that product does not exist or is no longer in stock"

Oh well. Nevermind.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

whats next shoes????????
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

make them out of flannel and sewing machine even you old lake turtles can do that,tie the end with a shoe string or some tomatoe string

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine at Bass Pro and they were not to high, and they work great

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine at cabelas they were on sell at the time and a very good price. It was so long ago "which for an old fart like me could mean yesterday" that I can't tell you how much they were. I love em the reel end has a nice plastic cuff and an elastic drawstring to wrap around your reel. The cuff will let you keep a bait or hook tied on without snagging the sleeve. The tip has 4 feet of velcro to accomidate most any length of rod total length 6.5 feet.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the Bass Pro ones.....really like them
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's ok to post here, We carry them here at Blue Water, casting or spinning, and blue or black. Discount code 'crappie' for 10% off.

Thanks,
    Blue

Name:  217.jpg
Views: 7168
Size:  59.4 KB

Name:  213.jpg
Views: 4463
Size:  58.3 KB
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I don't get it??? What's a sock going to do for you? Guess it'll keep the dust off and maybe a few scratches but if you're trying to prevent a busted expensive grapite rod you need a rod case to protect it. Even small micro cracks in a graphite rod will result in a busted rod down the road. Just speaking from experience. I made my own rod cases from PVC and have had no further issues with broken rods since storing in the cases. Just don't get the rod socks. Reel socks OK but rod socks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnonEye View Post
    Sorry but I don't get it??? What's a sock going to do for you? Guess it'll keep the dust off and maybe a few scratches but if you're trying to prevent a busted expensive grapite rod you need a rod case to protect it. Even small micro cracks in a graphite rod will result in a busted rod down the road. Just speaking from experience. I made my own rod cases from PVC and have had no further issues with broken rods since storing in the cases. Just don't get the rod socks. Reel socks OK but rod socks?
    They are not made for Plane travel or rod protection. When you shove 5 or ten rods in a rod box, it keeps everything (lines hooks etc.) from getting tangled.
    Especially for bass fisherman using treble hooks on crank baits, you can leave any lure/jig tied to your rod, put a sleeve on and just throw it in the rod box without hooking everything.
    Very easy to transport a 'bundle' of rods from garage to truck to boat. Having a cluster of rods easy to grab the one u want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast