HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got info on this fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone got info on this fish?

Name:  425069_2900061913941_1632220384_2507021_1882951288_n.jpg
Views: 2954
Size:  17.7 KB

posted recently on facebook...awesome looking crappie.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a hoax it has been caught in about a half dozen states. Lake Conway Ar being the last one.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Kinkaid lake in Illinois in 2010, weighed 4 5, speck post the link I can't do it from my phone!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I've seen this photo before. I'm sure it's a great fish; but, (there's always a but) when you hold a fish at arms length closer to the camera, it gives the appearance of being bigger than it really is. Still, a nice fish that I'd be proud to catch.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got that emailed to me today from a work buddy. I called BS right off the bat, would be nice to put one like that in the boat though.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Spawned out, green grass in the yard, bleeding tail. It's a spring time fish. I think I have seen this pic before here on c.com. Nice fish but old pic
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

I can dream about her though...

Post Thanks / Like

This fish appeared in our Heartland Outdoor Mag while back here's the article
    Mike Zimmer’s 4-5 crappie

Mon, March 15, 2010

Mike Zimmer of Waterloo caught this 4-pound, 5-ounce crappie out of Kinkaid Lake on a chilly March 15. The fish, believed to be a white crappie, is just two ounces short of the state record.
    The Illinois record white crappie weighed 4 pounds, 7 ounces and was caught by Kevin Dennis in a private pond in Morgan County on April 8, 1973.
    “It was unbelievable,” Zimmer told Rod Kloeckner of the Belleville News-Democrat. “It’s probably like catching an 8- or 9-pound bass or a 70-pound flathead (catfish). Crappie fisherman know just how big something like this is.”
    Zimmer said he was using a 12-foot crappie pole, a slip bobber and a Grizzly jig tipped with a minnow near some flooded trees in 2-10 feet of water.
    The fish was 19 inches long and had a 16-inch girth and was one of 25 Zimmer caught that day. Kloeckner reported that Zimmer also had a 3-pounder and one that weighed 3 pounds, 8 ounces.

“It was huge, I’ll tell you that. I about fell over when I saw it,” said John Wanless of Frank’s Real Bait Shop in Gorham. “They weighed it at home and then what I heard they took it to (Bass Pro Shops) in St. Charles and had it weighed there, too.”
    This is not the first big crappie out of Kinkaid. Wanless said Ron Kumke of Chester caught a 3-5 slab last year on March 10 and this year had fish of 3 pounds on March 10 and then a 3-8 slab on March 11.
    “There’s numerous 3-pound plus fish coming out of Kinkaid,” Wanless said. “And most of them are coming from the upper end of the lake. But it’s muddy up there sometimes, so I don’t know how far up they are going.”
    The Illinois record black crappie weighed 4 pounds, 8 ounces and was caught by John Hampton in Rend Lake on May 15, 1976.
    The record hybrid crappie was 4 pounds, 8.3 ounces and was caught by teenager Marcus Miller on May 14, 2008 out of a farm pond in Jefferson County

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful CRAPPIE. Thats what dreams are made of..... But I think maybe its a Black Crappie not a White from the markings but cant be sure unless you count the spines, looks sometimes are decieving....... Ranger
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gansett View Post
    Yes, I've seen this photo before. I'm sure it's a great fish; but, (there's always a but) when you hold a fish at arms length closer to the camera, it gives the appearance of being bigger than it really is. Still, a nice fish that I'd be proud to catch.
    Yea, What is the saying? "Hold it out there like Roland does."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast