Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: uncle jimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Default uncle jimmy

i fished lk jackson (tallahassee) yesterday and got 18 crappie ,1 mudfish,3 bass & 3 pickrell. today i fished lake talquin for 3 hr and didnt even get a bite.they said they were jumping in the boat , well i was in the wrong boat i guess. i tried sing to them but maybe that was not too smart. lk talquin has some nice fish but u gotta know where they are hiding. ill try again maybe tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

whats a mudfish?

Post Thanks / Like

Down here in south Georgia we call a mudfish a blackfish. Looks like a fish from the stone age. Kinda shaped like a bass but its fins seem to go almost all the way around the body.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep on fishin and singin Jimmy you'll find the right tune
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unclejimmy View Post
    i fished lk jackson (tallahassee) yesterday and got 18 crappie ,1 mudfish,3 bass & 3 pickrell. today i fished lake talquin for 3 hr and didnt even get a bite.they said they were jumping in the boat , well i was in the wrong boat i guess. i tried sing to them but maybe that was not too smart. lk talquin has some nice fish but u gotta know where they are hiding. ill try again maybe tomorrow
    You might want to keep an eye on the ga. board. Many of us fish Talquin and you can get good reports on there. Thanks for the reports on Jackson. What method of fishing are you usind to catch those Jackson fish?(trolling?,cork and minners?, spider rig?)
    "i only like to fish when i am by myself or with someone"

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
    whats a mudfish?
    THIS is a "mudfish" : Bowfin (Amia calva)

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

anybody eat those mudfish

Post Thanks / Like

Default uncle jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jonboatfisher View Post
    you might want to keep an eye on the ga. Board. Many of us fish talquin and you can get good reports on there. Thanks for the reports on jackson. What method of fishing are you usind to catch those jackson fish?(trolling?,cork and minners?, spider rig?)
    i fish with 2 poles trolling with a jig and a minnow. This works great in lk jackson when theres lots of water right now its kinda hard to do. My hole goes from 2 ft to10 ft then back to 2 ft in a hurry. Its a challege an i love it. Mud fish blowfin whatever they are fun to fight but what a pain to unhook