Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gps

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Gps

I,ve been shopping to up grade my gps, been using a garmin e-trex ,iI discovered gps city out of nevada ,I bought a garmin gps map76s about 100.dollars cheaper than BPS or cabelas ----they are a dealer for garmin <> shipped the same day as ordered .. on top of that I will get a 50 dollar rebate so the price of a higher priced unit down to a lot lesser unit ..
    whiplash
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

do they have a website you can order from?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps

I'm looking at the Garmin Rino 130, the cheapest I've found it is right at 350 bucks. I'll have to check out this GPS city place. Thanks for the tip.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default good purchase

I got the the same unit for a birthday present from the wife back in June - The more I play with it the more amazed I am with it - I have not downloaded any programs yet but I am hoping for the fishing hotspots for a x-mas gift - I figure if I can use it anybody can - bought mine at Boaters World in Morehead City, NC - they had a special along with a $50.00 rebate - seems like the wife paid $249.00 before the rebate - I think they are $299.00 now - Inearly upgraded to the color version, but I decided I could use another piece of equipment insted of the money for the color screen

crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    I got the the same unit for a birthday present from the wife back in June - The more I play with it the more amazed I am with it - I have not downloaded any programs yet but I am hoping for the fishing hotspots for a x-mas gift - I figure if I can use it anybody can - bought mine at Boaters World in Morehead City, NC - they had a special along with a $50.00 rebate - seems like the wife paid $249.00 before the rebate - I think they are $299.00 now - Inearly upgraded to the color version, but I decided I could use another piece of equipment insted of the money for the color screen

crap-king
    I also have a 76S and just got the new Eastern Region FHS software. I just got it on the computer and it is great. Now if I can read through the 86 page manual that came with it and not be totally confused, I will be happy.

This is new software from Garmin replacing all of the "old" 10 or 12 regions with just 3.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Garmin offers free downloads of their latest operating software on ther website so be sure you have the latest version before you load your maps.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default gps

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    do they have a website you can order from?
    their web is www.gpscity.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king

crap-king
    makes you wonder when BPS want,s 399.00 for them ?
    whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gpscity

I went to this web site and tried to look up the price for a garmin 168 unit and it would not show me the price. But they did show a price with a slash though it for 600 bucks. Now I know that these units sell everywhere for much less than 600 bucks. And I had to give them an email addy to get a price sent to me.

Why can't they just give a price outright? And the fact that they posted the retail price way above what most other's sell it for tells me that they are tying to make their price look more attractive. It's a common sales technique to list the item at more than what it's worth and then try to convice someone that the lower price is really the best price. I had a car dealership where I live do this one time.

I was out helping a friend shop for a new vehicles. We went to many different car dealerships over a period of several months comparision shopping. This one dealer in town had a car listed for a certain price one month. The next month the advertise price was higher than the previous month and they had it marked way up then back down. Bottom line it was more expensive to buy a month later than it was the previous month. Beware of this type of deceptive sales techniques that was used by this car dealership. You have to watch out and know the true market value of something.

There are many places that will sell GPS Units and you should check as many of these as you can to find the best deal.

When a web site won't show the price online and requires you to give them your email address then it still could be a good deal. In this case I didn't like the slached out price of 600 bucks as a starting point. I know that these Garmin 168s sell for much less than 600 dollars as I have been researching them ever since last year. Richard Williams has one that he uses and there are others that use this type of system to make topo maps from the track data that the 168 can store internally. There are programs that can take this data and turn it into a top map of your favorite lake.

Bottom line is this. Check out this site but compare it to a few others to make sure that you are getting the best deal possible.

disclaimer: I didn't look at any other products on this site as I was not in the market for anything other than the 168. So other stuff may have a much better deal that what I looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead
    their web is www.gpscity.com
    Regards,

Moose1am

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GPS wish

I wish there was a gps with a big diplay (at a reasonable price). I would like to have one with a screen the size of my sonar (fishfinder). All I see on my GPS are dots and an arrow, but I know where to point the arrow. That is the key.

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast