Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Settings On The Eagle 480 Depth Finder

Post Thanks / Like

Question Settings On The Eagle 480 Depth Finder

I Know This Has Probably Been Ask Before But I Am Going To Ask Again And See What The Results Are....would You Please Post What Your Eagle 480 Settings Are Set On While You Are Trying To Locate A Brush Pile Or Condo. Also I Have The Scroll Speed Set On Max But It Seems Aweful Slow..how Fast Should I Be Traveling While Looking For My Brush Piles....i Am Going Somewhere Around Five Mph....any Tips Or Help Would Be Very Appreciated... I Am Having Trouble With Mine And Need All The Help I Can Get....
    Thanks.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle 480

Hi Camoman. I started out using my with just the default setting. First question I have, is your tranducer mounted inside the boat or on your trolling motor. This does make a difference on the setting if it is shooting thru the boat. My is mounted on my trolling motor and I usually have my big motor at idle when searching. I keep my sensitivity in manual at about 83 to 85 %, the auto range on auto and it zoomed into 2x when structure is located. All alarms are off. I do not use Fish ID, prefere the arches. I do have another one located at the console that stays in auto all the time. That way I can compare the 2. Just a few suggestions. That is a great unit and I love mine..

Post Thanks / Like

Ttt