Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Fox Firefly Night Fishing Float

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Fox Firefly Night Fishing Float

I like to night fish alot and I really like this float made by blue fox however I am having a hard time finding them for a reasonable price (2 3/4 inch size). The last 2 I bought were $6.99 at dick's sporting goods but they don't carry them any longer here. Does anyone know a place I can get them for around the same price? I hung up one Saturday night and it took me around an hour to hook on it and get it back... lol... Also, any of you guys know of any other good lighted floats? I've tried the thill lighted floats and feel like they are pretty big and end up costing around the same. I have pretty good luck win the glow in the dark thill floats when they get up in the creeks more and I can see them with the lantern. Anyone?

Thanks,

-VCM

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do much night fishing, but when I do, I use something like this which will attach to most types of float.

Thill Bobber Brite Glow Sticks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for responding deathb4disco... I have used a few of those before and they work okay I just kind of prefer the light to be inside of the float... I looked at some rod n bobbs floats that sort of resemble a micro pool noodle where you put the glow stick inside of it. I thought those might be kind of neat... Anyone else?

-VCM

Post Thanks / Like

That BlueFox Firefly float is one of the best lighted floats I have ever used. I bought two of them at Gander Mountain about 5 years ago and have never been able to find any more. I would also be interested in purchasing some for a reasonable price.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheapest I found online = Blue Fox Firefly Lighted Floats OR Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Both places sell @ $7.99 per (so I can understand why you took an hour to retrieve one Rofl )

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard good things about the Thill Splash Brite floats. The batteries are non-replaceable, but the replacement lithium pin batteries for most electric floats are almost as much as an entirely new float.

Personally, I've switched to buying glow sticks cheap off ebay. If you use the Thill spring floats with a chopped top, a glow stick with a 4.5mm diameter fits perfectly on the nub at the top of the float so you can see it from any direction. These are the ones I'm talking about:

Name:  AF510.jpg
Views: 3246
Size:  11.3 KB

$8 and some change will buy you 40 glow sticks of the right size. That's enough to last me an entire year. Just do a search for 30m glow sticks. They come with the connector you need and everything.
    Last edited by Shoemoo; 02-02-2012 at 05:53 AM.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree JigMan those are great floats! Thanks for the links CP! Have you ever ordered from either place? Shoemoo thats a good price on those glowsticks... I have a bunch of those thill floats I got on closeout from Dick's... The ones I got have the glow on them and I like to use them when I have a couple lanterns going because I can see them... I might get some of those glow sticks because if I lost one of the floats it wouldn't be like losing $8... Thanks Guys

-VCM

Post Thanks / Like

Go dollar store and buy the small glow sticks and attach them to a float with small rubber band a lot cheaper.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    Thanks for the links CP! Have you ever ordered from either place?
    -VCM
    No, VCM ... I have not.
    >50% of the floats I have, I found floating or hung up in the lakes I fish Rofl ... the rest I bought.

I've never used a float at night ... I always tightlined. But, if I did, I'd just hook up one of my blacklights and put on one that had fluorescent paint ... and I could probably see them 30ft away Thumbs Up (not to mention seeing my hi-vis line pretty good, too )

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I was going through my tackle box and found a few extras from last season. I thought people might want to see what they look like on the bobber. Here's one attached:

And here's what they look like in the dark. You can see them a good 50 to 60 feet away:

The whole setup costs about a buck. If you lose it, you say "That sucks." tie on another one and go on fishing. No wasting an hour of valuable fishing time trying to keep $8 from floating away.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast