Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install seat bases on bass boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Install seat bases on bass boat

I am about to install two seat bases on front of my ranger boat . I have used add a seat and I am wanting to get rid of clutter on front deck by just having two extra bases in floor . If any of you have done this can you post some pics or help me out on best way to do this . Thanks .

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to watch this thread since I just bought two bases Yesterday at BPS these are all stainless and made in the USA......
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to check out the site called tinboats.net

Post Thanks / Like

Default double front seats on bass tracker

Here's a pic of where I mounted mine on my tracker. The key is to know where the superstructures are under your flooring. Yours may be diff as it's a glass boat, but there are posts by guys that have done the same thing on your boat too so run a search and you'll be able to find what they posted. The bases on my boat are swiveleze and you have to drill holes w/ hole saw for the base to sit down in thus knowing where the cross members are BEFORE you start.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure your cut your carpet before you drill. It's not real hard just nerve racking until you drill one.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing to it.....except for punching a big ole hole in your deck with only 1 shot to get it right or completely hose it up requiring incredibly expensive patch work and carpet re work. I give it a pucker factor of 9.3.

Advice I'd give you are:

1) Make sure the hole saw you use is properly sized to fully seat the base...sloppy welds can prevent a good flat base.

2) Do your absolute best to check the back side to make sure there are no obstruction such as braces or supports (up to and including calling the factory to check). You only get one shot at placement.

3) Use the absolute largest screw you can and drill pilot holes in fiberglass deck for proper seating. And do not install the screws using a drill driver...Use a properly sized screwdriver and put them in by hand. Stainless screws are soft and easily stripped and if you spin them in the fiberglass, you've got another problem to solve.

4) Measure, measure, re-measure, then measure again. Like I said, you only get one shot. Fully load your rods in your holders and play around with your seating checking for clearance, passage, length from rods and anything else you can think of. Then when you're done, re-re-re-measure again and stand back and think about it.

5) Get a buddy to spot you and help. It's not required, but two heads thinking about placement and detail is helpful. Plus someone to hold things in place helps as well.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Thanks TOMMY4UA thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    3) Use the absolute largest screw you can and drill pilot holes in fiberglass deck for proper seating.
    Screws? You don't thru bolt them with over-sized washers?

Post Thanks / Like

That would be much better, but on most glass boats, access to the back side is impossible.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know if you wanna test on a tin boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast