Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kayak anchor manager...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayak anchor manager...

Found this browsing kayak stuff....

Anchor management : Kayak Rigging
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty slick man, pretty slick. Also simple. Thanks for posting I may make one for my canoe.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a retractable dog leash.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We're always looking for things that we can make that makes our life easier while on the water. Cool idea right there.Thumbs Up Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the purpose of tying the rope to the anchor that way.

Post Thanks / Like

You tie the to the bottom of the anchor and zip tie (smallest zip tie you can find) the upper shackle so that if you get stuck under a rock or log you should be able to pull real hard and break the zip tie. When the zip tie breaks the ropes tension point is now at the bottom and therefore releasing the stuck anchor. It works. I have to make a small clip or knife indention. I've actually lost one if flowing water. I could not get the tie to break and it was causing an unsafe condition. Keep a knife handy at all times when anchoring in current.

Ok, you might be talking about the elongated loop knot that terminates at the collar. I can see the benefit of this. I did not use this and the anchor line can keep one leg of the anchor from deploying without that loop. I might modify mine and see if this corrects this action.

I made one of these. Quick and easy. One thing I changed is where the line is coiled around the PVC in between the two noodle pieces, I drilled a hole, insert the anchor line, then fished it out the top of the PVC. Tie a loop in the anchor line, connected caribener, one less knot or part to fail. I can see the use of bungee as in the link I provided if you are going to anchor in the ocean where swells could make reaching the end of your line a jerking motion and the bungee acts as a shock absorber, but inland... not an issue.
    Last edited by G.Gordon; 02-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks kc, now I understand.

Post Thanks / Like

nice idea for the anchor line, not having the bungee on there is no big thing but when i ran my trolly line on my yak i put bungees on both ends , helps with the swells from the yahoo's rocketing past ya