Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do i clean aluminun

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do i clean aluminun

Got a bunch of stuff that needs to be clean, not going paint just clean

Post Thanks / Like

First take winded and paper towels to get the bigenns off the get some nevrdull it's in a blue and black can usually in the hardware isle follow directions on can

Home Page
    CarDen Lawn Care and Maintenance
    www.cardenlawncare.com
    Cell (870) 329-4675

Post Thanks / Like

X2 - NEVR-DULL will clean any kind of metal and it leaves a protective film to prevent further corrosion.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

X3 on the NevrDull, can be found in most autoparts stores also.

Blue
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all Makin me feel good I can't Buy a limit of crappie An I ain't usually right but Im actually right about somethin this time now this is somethin to celebrate guess it's time to crack open another dr pepper haha
    CarDen Lawn Care and Maintenance
    www.cardenlawncare.com
    Cell (870) 329-4675

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't want to rub and polish you can use Eagle One Etching Mag Wheel cleaner. You just spray it on, let sit, and wash off. It WILL NOT leave a polished look. It will just look like clean raw aluminum when you are done but it takes all the work out of it. I used it on my jackplate on my previous boat and it worked well to remove minor oxidation and grime. It will not hurt the metal but make sure you get the "etching" kind because they make more than one type.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to tell you what etching means, and that is that it is an acid and removes a small layer of aluminum to get to the unstained metal underneath. This leaves a bright color but prolonged use of this leaves a flat looking finish that is uneven and holds dirt and oxidizes faster the next go around. Been dealing with this on truck fuel tanks and elbow grease is the only real solution to the problem. It will shine like chrome when buffed with rouge and a buffer, called cutting the surface. Were it mine I would go with the never dull, never heard any negative stuff about it. Mothers and Maguires also have products for dealing with this, one of the cool tools is the mothers buffer ball and other shapes that work the same. Just my two cents.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

good advise
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I want to tell you what etching means, and that is that it is an acid and removes a small layer of aluminum to get to the unstained metal underneath. This leaves a bright color but prolonged use of this leaves a flat looking finish that is uneven and holds dirt and oxidizes faster the next go around. Been dealing with this on truck fuel tanks and elbow grease is the only real solution to the problem. It will shine like chrome when buffed with rouge and a buffer, called cutting the surface. Were it mine I would go with the never dull, never heard any negative stuff about it. Mothers and Maguires also have products for dealing with this, one of the cool tools is the mothers buffer ball and other shapes that work the same. Just my two cents.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried Blue Magic alum polish. Seen some in the parts store.

Post Thanks / Like

A product called never dull works really well. Can be bought at most auto parts stores.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast