Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Lake Last weekend of April

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake Last weekend of April

Hello guys I will be down to kentucky lake on the last weekend of April and just wondering about the gill and crappie bite around this time. I will be staying at the big bear resort so Prob doing most of my fishing in this area not wanting anybodys spot but, looking for a little help on where to start for this area thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Should be a good time for both. Got a full moon on the 21st. Early gills will be on beds.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hi 00,

That has been a good week the last few years (except last year). Last year we set a new record high the last week of April and fishing was tough for me. But once things settled the bluegill and red ear came in like crazy. Also, the crappie came shallow again, many still full of eggs, that didn't get to spawn earlier in April. The good thing about bluegill and redear you really don't need a spot. Just start working the banks and you will find them nesting. We should also be approaching summer pool (depending on rainfall) by the end of April/ 1st of May.

I also like both Big and Little Cambridge and especially Sledd Creek. I love Blood River, Jonathan Creek is a close second, but Sledd is VERY good as well. I have caught a lot of crappie, bass, and panfish out of Sledd. And of course you have the LBL bays like Duncan and Sugar close by to fish. You'll have a good time.
    Old Guide
    Matthew 6:34
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey 00,

Here is an example of a couple good April white crappie that came off cover within a half mile of Big Bear Resort. Remember I am 6'4" tall and 275 pounds so like a rear view mirror I can make the crappie appear smaller than they actually are. Rofl

I use to live between Murray and Benton and got to Bear fairly often. Although I don't get that far north very often in the spring anymore some of my biggest crappie came from Bear the last few years. I need to make myself get up that way more this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Old Guide
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for the info. I hope to have a good trip here. We have been going to reelfoot in the past. We wanted a change this year So were trying kentucky lake never fished it before. Thanks again for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guide View Post

I also like both Big and Little Cambridge and especially Sledd Creek. I love Blood River, Jonathan Creek is a close second, but Sledd is VERY good as well. I have caught a lot of crappie, bass, and panfish out of Sledd. And of course you have the LBL bays like Duncan and Sugar close by to fish. You'll have a good time.
    Shhhhhhhhhh! Old Guide doesn't know what he's talking about. Sledd has no fish. Stay away.

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Lake is huge, it's 185 miles long, and it covers 160,000 acres of water. So if you have never been here before, the large size may be a change.

The fishing is usually really good in April, I just hope the lakes don't get flooded like last year.
    I live 10 miles from the 160,000 acre Kentucky Lake, and the 57,000 acre Barkley Lake is within 25 miles of my house. I live 10 miles from 220,000 acres of Water.

I live in an Outdoor Paradise

Post Thanks / Like

Cat Fan, I think you have evil intent to keep Sledd to yourself. LOL
    Old Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Evil? No, not evil:p

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! I own that bay!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff