Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass casting sinkers for getting un snagged???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass casting sinkers for getting un snagged???

I remember seeing some mention of i think using larger bass casting sinkers to get jigs unsnagged.
    Im wondering for those of you that do this if you have any tips and exactly what size of sinkers are you using so i can try and find some?
    thanks
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

If I can't unsnag a jig with a few quick pulls, I just break it off and tie on another.

Post Thanks / Like

Me too! Why drop something down there and scare off fish. Just break and retie. I don't worry about breaking off snce I pour my own jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Use 1 to 1 1/2 oz. bell sinker with a snap on it snap it to your line when you get hung up, get vertical over the snag drop sinker down bounce it couple of times and it ususally pops off.aves a lot of jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a broke rod with a little casting reel on it with a 1 ounce sinker with a wire bent 90% on both ends and slide back into sinker . I slide sinker up wire and slip line in loop of wire then slide weight back down and release line and shake it off, that way you do not lose sinker.use to use a snap but in cold weather could not snap and unsnap the snap. If itis a cheap bait or one that you have many that color,style,shape then can break it off,if not too cold to retire,my fingers don't move much on cold mornings.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Take an old spark plug bend the sparky part over the round side of a snap swivel wen u get snagged snap it over ur line hold ur rod tip as high in the air as u can and slide it down ur line works like a charm on cranks while I'm bass fishin
    CarDen Lawn Care and Maintenance
    www.cardenlawncare.com
    Cell (870) 329-4675

Post Thanks / Like

ive used the spark plug trick for 30 yrs,,its worked for me...i use this for anytime i get hung up..