Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Crappie fishing and Truman Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Crappie fishing and Truman Lake

Hello fellow anglers. I'm very new to this posting and board use. I found this site on the web and was impressed with its content and respect to the sport and other fishermen. I live in the Kansas City area and fish a few home lakes. I travel to Branson a lot and fish Tanneycommo for trout using five foot ultra light poles and six pound line. I have fished for Crappie in the past with little to no luck using a bobber and minnow. I recently bought a new boat and have a strong interest in learning about Crappie fishing at Truman Lake. I have heard a lot of good things about the lake and the people that fish there. I hope to learn enough to catch fish and keep the wife and son interested in fishing.

I've been thinking about the area of the Dam, Bucksaw or Long Shoals unless theres better places.

If anyone has any tips on where to go or what type of equipment to use I'd be all ears. I have heard it's best to troll then to tie up. I've heard that longer poles are better. I've been looking at Crappie Max 10 foot poles and B and M's 10 foot poles at Bass Pro. Good or bad, right size anything better? Any ideas on areas to try or what to look for or methods to use?

Once again thank you for any and all information, I wish you all the best luck on the water. Be safe!
    Last edited by Called In Sick; 01-29-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Called In Sick. OK, Bucksaw is the center of Crappie activity on Truman. Great bunch of guys on here. Most of the activity now is still around Bucksaw, up or down a few. Can't go wrong with a 10 footer, depends on your preference of spine or backbone-everybody has their preference. Some people on here drown minners, some jigs--your choice. I don't allow minners in my boat. Best jig color on Truman is Blk/Chartrues. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board and alot of guys on here fish Truman. Bucksaw is my #1 spot Berry bend #2

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board from Nixa ...Just hang around & you will learn a lot..Good understanding of the lake map & read the reports & you will figure out what & were its happening at...We will be around Bucksaw or Osage Bluff area all year ...Send me a pm sometime & I will try to steer you in the right direction...Come to spring camp & meet a bunch of the best guys & gals around..

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site,since you are from K.C. area,Bucksaw is a good area to fish and the people is great to help you out.Stop by the marina and they will tell you where to start looking for them.Good luck to ya

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Camp in May would be a great place to meet lots of Truman guys and gals and learn a lot about it also. Welcome to the site and crappie fishing. Greatest sport in earth. At least some of us think so.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board you'll find a lot of help on here !
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the information gentlemen. Do any of you have any information on this camp? Dates, times, location, cost? Sounds like a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a spare kayak paddle?

LOL... this site is great. Learned a bunch. Best thing is read and read and read, then launch your boat and try what you've been reading and then try other things.

Every day is different. The difference between a limit and no bites might be one change in presentation that you read about.

Don't forget your paddle.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Camp... see Missour Off Topic... it's a sticky.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast