Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where's the dang paddle...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where's the dang paddle...

Crappie bite is on at Truman. Load the kayak, milk crate with all the stuff, tackle bag, long jig pole, spinning rig, net, pfd, small sculling paddle, drive 55 miles, Tightwad Bait store, four dozen minnows and a large bottle of water, get in truck and head to where I launch.... ummm.... did I pack the kayak paddle. NOOOO!!!
    Returned home, got paddle, launced in the neighborhood lake two blocks from home. Caught a 5# 20.5" bass, two that were pushing 14 and 15", and about 18-20 that were 12-13". Sick of the bass in that lake. NO crappie for me. Oh well, at least I didn't sit on my duff all day.

In hind site, should have launched at Bucksaw and at least sculled around with the minnows at the docks. Maybe...
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't a complete washout.Bet them bass put up a battle.

Post Thanks / Like

man o man wat a wait to start the day! should of just carved a paddle with a piece of wood, lol j/k... sound's like you made the best of it! and caught some fighting fish! that had to be fun! and like you said least you were'nt sitting at home
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I considered going to walmart and getting a bigger boat paddle, but there is no way to make the distances I like to make with that set up... call it tuition on double checking in the future.

Caught the biggun on the 12' crappie jig pole. Swore it was a cat they way it was slow throbbing and pulling straight down. Caught in 22' of water about 15' down on a jig/minnow over a tree top I dropped some time ago.

Can't believe I didn't pick one crappie out of all the trolling I did on my brush piles. This lake has a nice black crappie population.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO, guy posted last week he had to paddle back to ramp using his boat seat. Least you got on the water today, beautiful day. Bass are a good fight on 10 footer, so are the cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of reminds me of the time I drove 100 miles to the lake and left the boat keys at home.

Post Thanks / Like

One time a friend and I were on Truman in a old p.o.s. boat two mile away from the launch with a strom moving in. When we went to start the motor there was no life left in it. Luckily my friend wears size 18 shoes. So we paddled the two miles back in a storm. Nothing like being up s@#t creek without a paddle.

Post Thanks / Like

all i can say is he he ....

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We've all probably done some stuff like that before. Like you said..."call it tuition on double checking in the future". Atleast you still got out and caught a few fish......and that's always fun!Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

shoulda got you a big stick and some duck tape brother.