Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Videos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Videos

I posted this on the bream board first, but thought the main board may like to look at them.

Link to some pretty amazing videos of ice fishing with underwater camera. It is interesting to see how the different species take the baits....Just click on 56k or cable for each video. Also be sure to check out the video archives.
    http://www.mrbluegill.com/more_videos.htm#

Post Thanks / Like

Nice videos, thanks for the link!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But man a video is like the encyclopedia of knowledge.

Great post here. I only watched the crappie video and it's what I see every time I feed my aquarium crappie.

I wish that I had a video of my crappie feeding and then spitting out some food item that they could not get in their mouth right. It happens so fast.

Note in ceb video links for the crappie feeding how quickly the crappie opens it's Operculums (gill covers) and then opens his mouth to suck the jig into his mouth in a flash. He can spit that jig out just as fast guys.

By watching fish feed you know by experience what the fish is doing when you feel that tap tap on the end of the line. The first tap is the fish sucking in the jig. The second tap is the jig being spit out and sucked back in again. LOL

This is why I only fish with one rod when sitting still or barely moving. I want to feel the rod and line and bait so that I lift the rod up on the first tap not the second tap. Just a lifting motion will set the hook if you keep your hook points sharpened with a diamond hook sharpener. Just like you change the oil in your vehicles ever so many miles you also need to sharpen up your hooks and take care of all the lines every year. Check the rod guides for nicks etc so that your line does not get damaged.

Great post here and I really enjoy seeing these types of things on crappie.com.

Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    I posted this on the bream board first, but thought the main board may like to look at them.

Link to some pretty amazing videos of ice fishing with underwater camera. It is interesting to see how the different species take the baits....Just click on 56k or cable for each video. Also be sure to check out the video archives.
    http://www.mrbluegill.com/more_videos.htm#
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the link, will view
    marvin