Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any good crappie fishing in Door County?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any good crappie fishing in Door County?

I'll be visiting Door County (Whitefish Bay area) in July. I won't have a boat so I'll be bank/pier fishing.

Any good crappie lakes? Or other good bank fishing? It doesn't have to be crappie since I'll probably release anything I catch.

Many thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished the Door quite a bit and never heard of any crappie, even in the two lakes that are near Whitefish area. Travel to all the bays around the Door and fish the piers. There are browns, steelhead, rainbows, small mouth bass, and coho along the shore lines in all the areas. Good fishing piers in Bailey Habor, Fish Creek, Sister Bay, Ephram, Eagle Harbor and fish the rocks on the north side of Cave point. Cave point is on the north side, next to WhiteFish Dunes, Watch your step as you walk down the rocks to get near the water. They are under cut and the fish sit right under neath the rocks you are standing on. Use small orange rooster tails, panter marten spinner, little cleo's and crokadiles.
    If you want to find a guide near Sturgen Bay (Little Sturgen Bay) or Fish Creek some of the best small bass fishing in the nation is right off those areas.

Good Luck,
    boatuser

Post Thanks / Like

Many, many thanks boatuser. I'll be staying in the Whitefish Bay area so anything on the east side is convenient and we'll probably visit the bay side occasionally (perch fry at the bowling alley and Wilson's for ice cream come to mind :-).