Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weekend Crappie on Morgan Point

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend Crappie on Morgan Point

I had the pleasure to go fishing with Jerry (L.A. Stumpjumper) at Morgan point just outside of Dumas, AR. I thought that we did very well, but Jerry noted that it was a rather slow day. All of the females were laid out and some males were already off of the beds. With the record breaking warmth, they should be getting into a good post-spawn pattern. I have trouble finding the fish after the spawn is over through early fall. So far, I have learned lots of new things to try on the little maumelle. Maybe with the help of Jerry, Gooch, and the other folks on this site, I'll learn how to find some fish this summer.

Yesterday went much better than I anticipated, technique-wise. We were casting jigs and roadrunners in about 10' of water just over the top of submerged cover. After going through several jigs, I finally grasped the idea of retrieving it above the cover. We ended up with a darn good mess. 21 crappie and 6 or 7 nice white bass, with a few let go. We also released some green carp, catfish, and drum. It was a beautiful day on the lake and lots of lessons were learned. Attached are some pics from the lake and a pic of the final count. Thanks a lot Jerry.

Jerry with a nice one.

Me with a nice one.

And the final count of 21 crappie with an average weight of 1lb.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a great day of fishing. Good weather good friends. Nice mess of fish...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think you've got it!

Ceb; By the look of the fish ya'll got there, the crappie are going to be in a world of hurt by mid-summer to late fall!! Good job!!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome catch and looks like an awesome day weather wise.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a good day and alot of fun,way to go
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER