Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Super Glue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Super Glue

Those of you that glue your baits to the jig head, is there a special brand that you like or one that works better then others? Would Soft Bait Glue adhere to the jig head? The reason I ask this is the other day I was shooting some docks with a really soft bait and after a few shots it was splitting. Had a off brand of glue on board so I tried it. Did not hold up very well.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Soft bait glue and it works fine for holding plastics on jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

my baits are soft and I glue them with the brush type super glue when I can find it. I have found out on soft baits to glue it then let it set a while,4 or 5 minutes while using another rod, this will help ,seems like the softer the bait the longer it needs to cure to have a good set.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Lok tite with the brush. Stuff is the Deal.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

I use lok tite and super glue in the jel form

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Best I've used was this : Henkel 0106967 Super Glue Control Gel#

I used to use it, back when I was casting hollow bodied tubes. Just a small drop on the back of the jighead, then thread the tube on the hook & push it up against the jighead and wait a minute or two ... then cast away.

The only reason I stopped using glue was because the Bluegill that had been grabbing the tails & pulling the tube down on the hook shank ... started pulling the tails OFF (after I'd glued the tube on), until all I had was the main tube body Rofl

That meant that I had to either tie on another jighead & start over, peel off the tube body & glue remnants and do the process all over again, or change to another rod (which may or may not have the same rig tied on). I switched over to using solid body tubes, and haven't had the problem of the tube being pulled down on the hook.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

i WENT TO DOUBLE BARB JIG HEADS AND DON'T REALLY NEED GLUE BUT i DO USE SOFT BAIT GLUE BUT REALLY PRICEY

Post Thanks / Like

Go to your local "hobby" shop (model railroads & such) and pick up some "Zap-A-Gap" Medium CA+. This stuff works wonders with plastics and jig heads.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

This brand and bottle has two little buttons on the side that lets you control the flow and the gel is less runny. One tiny drop is all u need and it keeps it from being messy... and sticking to everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexExp View Post
    This brand and bottle has two little buttons on the side that lets you control the flow and the gel is less runny. One tiny drop is all u need and it keeps it from being messy... and sticking to everything.
    That is what I use too. one drop and LET IT DRY FOR ABOUT 20 SECONDS, thats it. Dunk it and go.