Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Getting under the front deck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting under the front deck!!

A lot of the new boats are impossible to get under the front deck, don't these boat builders realize that we change trolling motors and fish locators? I use to have a old charger bass boat (back in the seventies) I broke the front pedestal seat off by leaning back to hard. A livewell was located between the seat and the open floor. I had to cut a hole in the livewell in order to put a new seat base in! When Im looking for a new boat, the first thing I look for is how hard is it going to be for me to change electronics. I think boat builders could look into this when they make up there new models. What do you guys think?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MuskyGary View Post
    A lot of the new boats are impossible to get under the front deck, don't these boat builders realize that we change trolling motors and fish locators? I use to have a old charger bass boat (back in the seventies) I broke the front pedestal seat off by leaning back to hard. A livewell was located between the seat and the open floor. I had to cut a hole in the livewell in order to put a new seat base in! When Im looking for a new boat, the first thing I look for is how hard is it going to be for me to change electronics. I think boat builders could look into this when they make up there new models. What do you guys think?
    Kinda like new cars. They want the dealer to make the money.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, but the only way change will happen is if a manufacturer builds a consumer-friendly boat and it outsells all the others.

As long as "sleek" and "look at all the storage!" keep selling, we'll keep getting the same consumer un-friendly boats.

The seller just tries to sell what the buyer wants. It's the buyer who calls the shots.