Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridge over KY Lake has been knocked down.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bridge over KY Lake has been knocked down.

We are just getting word that the Eggner's Ferry Bridge over KY Lake has been knocked down by a barge tonight. The bridge is Hwy 68 and 80 that goes between Aurora and Land Between The Lakes. Let's pray that no vehicles were involved. Apparently the collapsed section has fallen onto the barge tow.

Many here know Wiskers. He's a tow boat pilot who runs the Tn and Cumberland rivers. He was on the Cumberland River on a tow when this happened and is OK. Terry said the boat that hit the bridge is not a barge but some sort of big commercial ship.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh No !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Reports from KFVS 12 saying no injuries---let's hope so!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Best I can tell, it was this ship: DELTA MARINER - Vessel's Details and Current Position - 9198501 - 338731000

Web shows it on Wilson day before yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Will make for a LONG detour. I SURE hope who ever was commanding that ship has BIG TIME INSURANCE...

Post Thanks / Like

That is a big dang bridge and a big dang boat. Nothing good could come out of those two butting heads. Hope no one was hurt. Sounds like that will affect some traffic routes around the area for a while.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have locked that boat when I worked at Locks and dam 52 on the Ohio. Kinda thought it was that boat when they said it was a cargo ship. Hope they are right with the no injury report, may have lost a couple pair of undershorts.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The state hwy dept was going to shut down one lane of the bridge on Friday to work on clearance lights. It was foggy and raining at the time of the collision. If the lights on the bridge were not working properly, I'd say KY will be footing the bill. The news is saying the ship was carrying aerospace parts for NASA. Ky and Uncle Sucker are both broke so I guess the Chinese will be paying for this anyway.

Local news just interviewed a woman who was crossing the bridge as the boat was starting under it. She said it looked like the boat was way too big to fit under it. She had to be just seconds ahead of the collision. I'm figuring the boat tried to go under the bridge in a span that wasn't in the main river channel. Stupid move on somebody's part.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast