Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dock shooting corks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dock shooting corks

Hey everyone, I have been watching b and m crappie videos and and reading my past editions of crappie world and when it comes to dock shooting corks and jigs what kind of corks are you guys shooting. The ones I have seen people use in the videos and in the pics in magazines are small orange slip corks.... I honestly have never seen these in any stores and have no clue what they would be called... Any tips or suggestions would be great thanks

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have any docks on this lake but my son and I have learned to shoot cork and jigs under low tree limbs and stuff. We usually don't have the fixed float set more than 1 1/2 to 2 feet deep though. You might get away with a slip float set at deeper depths. Sometimes I shoot it in open water just to stay in practice.
    Here is a pic of our preferred cork and usually a 1/32 or 1/16 oz. jig.

CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Try any source of ice fishing supplies & you'll find the floats you're looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the weighted mr crappie fixed cork there not round more barrel shaped and weighted on the bottom side I find it cast a little better with the extra weight I set it about a foot or two above the lure depending on the water depth not really any docks I do shoot te reeds on the bayou
    CarDen Lawn Care and Maintenance
    www.cardenlawncare.com
    Cell (870) 329-4675

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Teardrop Strike Indicators | Bass Pro Shops
    Heres what I use. They are in the Fly Fishing Section. Use the smallest one. I peg them to a certain depth, I cant get the 1/32 oz jigs to feed line thru a slip cork. There are also some round cork ones you can get from ice fishing suppliers.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

if shooting under doc ,better not to use corks,if its high you can use one alright ,to me its best to just use smaller weight and slow down..
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

I started shooting with a float a couple weeks ago.Im using 1/32 leadhead with 5/8" diameter strike indicator from BPS.I dont peg the line and float but i put a bobber stop to set the depth....Im not having trouble with line going through th strike indicator.......Im shooting under pontoon boats setting in the water with this set up so it does work....The added weight of the float adds to distance of your shot but it will not skip like a jig so you have to shoot high to hit the target.Im using 4 lb mr crappie line so that might make a difference about getting the line to sink through the float....Im using the same as what barrelslime has a link to above....
    Last edited by The Shootist; 01-26-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: added info.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.