Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you get your tackle?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do you get your tackle?

I have a Gander Mountain near my home in SFl but they never have the baits I want. If its good they are out or they have the wrong color or weights. Do most of you guys order on-line or buy from local shops?

Post Thanks / Like

grizzly ifn i got a couple of days. local bps if in a hurry.................

Post Thanks / Like

bout all i buy is my rods reels and line and jig heads from diff places with the best deal. the rest i make,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windstone View Post
    grizzly ifn i got a couple of days. local bps if in a hurry.................
    ^^ what he said^^ Heck for the cost of gas to get to Bass Pro in Orlando I can pay shippin from Grizzley. And they are fast!!!And have bout everything you could want.

Post Thanks / Like

I buy most of my stuff online. I get all my jigs from Nightprowler he's a member/sponser on here. He's got reasonable prices and exceptional quality. I can choose the hooks I want get them with or without weedguards. He makes a good variety of different styles of baits. As far as the plastics, I order most of them online from different places. Like Huntinslabs said with the price of gas it's cheaper than driving all over the place.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends. For most things, I go to Bass Pro, which is just twenty minutes away. For my carp gear, I have to get it online, since most of America hasn't caught on to how awesome carp are. For fly gear, I'm lucky to have several excellent fly shops close by.

Post Thanks / Like

I buy stuff on clearance from Walmart, but full price stuff I get about half from places close to the lake and half from BPS when I'm ordering something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Check this guys stuff out if you like custom hand tied jigs. (Crappie Logic) He's a member sponsor on here and gives a discount to crappie.com members. You can also pm him on here at Donald@CrappieLogic. He can make any color, weight and hook size you require.

Post Thanks / Like

Dicks, local shops. FishUSA, northwesthunterssupply, LandBigFish.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I do mostly Bass Pro, there about 50 miles from me but only about 7 miles from the VA hospital that I go to pretty regular so I combine the trips. I was in my first Gander Mountain about a week ago in Hattiesburg MS and was greatly disappointed, low on stock, nothing priced and rude sales people that acted like they were doing you a favor to answer a question. I won't darken their door again!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast