Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Day Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacation Day Fishing

Hit the lake today about 10:30 and ran into a couple of legends, I was fishing in the shadow of Buckwheat, OSS who I knew and one more legend lurking in the shadows that I had no idea about. The pressure was on with OSS in such close proximity and I caught 4 pretty quick ones so I felt pretty good about myself. But when they left it seemed as if the fish did too, but there was another boat with an older gentleman that was showing the crappie no mercy. He even told me to come fish by him which was really cool but I didn't want to invade his space, after chatting with him and the other gentleman in the boat with him that I've spoke with in the past (sorry I forgot your name) I found out that the older gentleman was Charlie Rodgers. And he was as good as advertised, the crappie didn't stand a chance and he was really cool to talk and didn't mind me getting close to them. I must say he was a class act, don't know to many guys who will tell a stranger to come and fish right next to him and tell me what they were using and how they were catching them. As far as my report, ended up with 10 really good one and as you can see from the live well the water was very murky.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day to take a vacation.Congrats on a fine day!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day.Dont get no better than Charlie and Kevin Rogers.They are both class acts.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report wtg going this weekend
    If she only knew how much a fish cost me

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great day and met some good people to boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report.Charlie could pull a crappie out of a mud puddle.wtg
    Life is good today.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found a few to make it worth your trip. It sure is fun fishing and chatting with Charlie. May have been his brother Steve that was with him. We're they eating the magic fish flavored peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report,

Sounds like the two old farts (Uncle Steve and Dad) need to find some jobs.... Ha
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

good report, sounds like a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging Tournaments View Post
    Nice report,

Sounds like the two old farts (Uncle Steve and Dad) need to find some jobs.... Ha
    You wouldn't be alittle jealous they didn't take you along ,would you.LOL.Glad they were out,sounds like they had a good day .STL,looks like you had a good day of vacation also,and I bet they tasted good also.Congrats on the fish and many more to ya.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast