Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridge jigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bridge jigging

i hit a local bridge after work todyt since the weather was in the 50's and the ice around the bridge melted away. i got 5 crappie up to 10inch's!!!in an 1hour!!! on 1inch gulp minnow's!! can't wait to get out again tommrow after work too!!if this weather play's out rite i'll be out catching rite into the spring

Post Thanks / Like

went out again today after work jiged up 3 crappie and 8 shiner's!! not bad for a mid jan day in NJ

Post Thanks / Like

Bridge Jigging can be fun, I usually use a 9ft jigging rod, with a 3/32 or 1/8 jig, this time of year I start at 9ft then work deeper lifting the tip bout 6 inches every so often, usually this time of year I never feel em, the rod just loads up when I lift the tip.
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Post Thanks / Like

yea you just feel extra weight or they just slam it...i guess it depend's on how they are feeling.. i just picked up a new fenwick UL tonight can't wait to see it bend...hopefully sunday!!! i'll be out for a good part of the day

Post Thanks / Like

i went out after work today to my local spot...crushed 30crappie up to 11 1/2inchs!!all were takin on a trout maggot below a float!! awsome catch for a 2hour run after work...looking foward to tommrow!!

Post Thanks / Like

What part of the state are you fishing? I haven't caught a thing here in New Egypt.

Post Thanks / Like

middlesex... brunswick area....i went again today a bit tuff but managed 10 crappie and a nice sized yellow perch trout maggot does it again

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...I guess I have to get out more.

Post Thanks / Like

hammered the crappie from land at my local spot after work....gulp minnow under a floatg was key got 23 total with the largest one 12inchs!!!all the fish were released to fight another day....can't wait till tommrow!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    What part of the state are you fishing? I haven't caught a thing here in New Egypt.
    That some good catching bridgeaddix , We get up to New Egypt to the race track some our home track is Del. int. right on the maryland De line . Good to hear theres some crappie fishermen up there. We fish some bridges down here some too alot of old docks too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast