Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: South Point this is what Berger Creek looked like when water went down

Post Thanks / Like

Default South Point this is what Berger Creek looked like when water went down

Oct. 8, 2011
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Past the trees is also a log jam that was there when water was going down.

Post Thanks / Like

Would have been a good time to anchor some brush in and drive afew stake beds.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the pic. dang, that looks like a muddy mess! nature needs to flush that toilet! Lol!
    thats more-or-less what the mouths of the creeks look like around here too. a good daylong downpour will fix em good.
    Hogster, in the missouri and its creeks,I'm not real sure how you would anchor any cover good enough so it stays in place more than a few months. my luck I'd spend a bunch of time driving steaks into a shallow flat then a week later a hard rain would hit and scour my flats into a 20ft hole. old trees wash out and new trees wash in so ya take what ya get. there is no lack for cover. Lol! we got steak beds, they're called pole dikes!

Post Thanks / Like

Man that is a spider rigging dream in the spring! The ledges are structure that the fish will follow up the creek to the laydowns. That pic makes my boat druel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    thanks for the pic. dang, that looks like a muddy mess! nature needs to flush that toilet! Lol!
    thats more-or-less what the mouths of the creeks look like around here too. a good daylong downpour will fix em good.
    Hogster, in the missouri and its creeks,I'm not real sure how you would anchor any cover good enough so it stays in place more than a few months. my luck I'd spend a bunch of time driving steaks into a shallow flat then a week later a hard rain would hit and scour my flats into a 20ft hole. old trees wash out and new trees wash in so ya take what ya get. there is no lack for cover. Lol! we got steak beds, they're called pole dikes!
    Well that makes perfect sense.I was not sure where it even was it just looked like a good spot for it.But i can understand now why you wouldn't bother with the effort when the current would tend to demolish all the hard work you put into it.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslab View Post
    Man that is a spider rigging dream in the spring! The ledges are structure that the fish will follow up the creek to the laydowns. That pic makes my boat druel
    I have never tried rigging in the creeks. dunno why but I just never did. your probably right. I know the crappies migrate up the creeks, you can almost bet they are following the shad and the shad migrate up-creek every spring. of course if the water drops much more, them fish are gonna have to learn to walk! I bet on the right day a feller could wear out the crappies and white bass??? if ya can keep your hooks out of the brush.
    when I crappie fish the creeks, its usually one pole and 1 jig/minner and dipping the brush and other cover, or slipfloating a jig. in my experience, the crappies in the creek tend to bite light, so I have the pole in hand and fast to set the hook. if I get a slam it's usually a white bass or a channel cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslab View Post
    I WAS THINKIN THE SAME THING.....classic spot with no cover needed on a channel break like that.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie