Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: If you find it, let me know

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy If you find it, let me know

I lost my better UL rig at Rush Run yesterday. It's a 5' Ugly Stik and a Mitchell Avocet reel spooled with 6# hi-vis Ironsilk. Sigh.
    On a better note, we finally found out where the crappie are in that lake. We just could never get back far enough into the timber with the boat. The canoe was bouncing off wood every few feet, but we got there. Doug pulled an 11" black crappie out on an ice jig tipped with a waxie. We'll go back wtih minnows. (and a turtle hook to try to snag my rig ) - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How'd you lose it?

Post Thanks / Like

Angry lost and .....

The best tool I've used to retrieve a lost rig is a heavy jigging spoon, but then again I've lost the spoon also.....
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    - Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's a sad tale....

We were fishing an area with several laydowns and stick ups. I had two bobbers in the water next to one of the laydowns when a small trout took my bait. I landed it and as I pulled him into the canoe, he threw the hook, so I dropped the rig behind me ( I sit in the front of the canoe, which forces me to drop things blindly behind me into the bottom of the canoe) and apparently missed the canoe entirely. Either that or the fish fairies took it. Doug sits facing my end of the canoe and he said he didn't even see it go overboard.

I'll carry a big spoon and see if I can snag it next time. Wish I didn't have to wait until next weekend to look. Now I know how boxingrefrick felt when the goose swam off with his rig a couple of years ago. - Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta; 04-24-2006 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Typos
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Here is how we recovered a rod and reel one time. Take an old fashioned metal stringer, open all the hooks except the one you tie a line to then cast it with a heavy rod and reel over the spot where you think you lost the rig.