Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: which ram mount should i get?

Post Thanks / Like

Default which ram mount should i get?

im purchasing a hb 997 and am looking for a ram mount. i found out that the ram-d-111u is the preferred 1. but its over 100 dollars. i read some reviews that the ram-b-111u would work and so would the ram-b-107u. anybody have any of these? or know if they work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhill10 View Post
    im purchasing a hb 997 and am looking for a ram mount. i found out that the ram-d-111u is the preferred 1. but its over 100 dollars. i read some reviews that the ram-b-111u would work and so would the ram-b-107u. anybody have any of these? or know if they work?
    I've got an 898 and I have the 1.5 inch mount which does fine. I'm pretty sure the units are the same size, but I'm not sure about the same weight.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You just spent a ton on your unit and are looking to skimp on a mount that will secure the unit for its useful life? I know $$ is $$ but buy the 111 and don't look back. Great investment IMO. BTW, I found my 111 for about $65 by looking over tons of sites. Do a google search on RAM D 111U. You might save some $$.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    You just spent a ton on your unit and are looking to skimp on a mount that will secure the unit for its useful life? I know $$ is $$ but buy the 111 and don't look back. Great investment IMO. BTW, I found my 111 for about $65 by looking over tons of sites. Do a google search on RAM D 111U. You might save some $$.
    X2! When I bought my 1197, I looked for the best mount I could find. Even with the Ram-d-111u the unit still took a beating in windy weather on my 2072. I'd hate to think what would have happened to it if I'd went with a cheaper mount.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 998 and use the 1.5" ball and it has worked fine and I have been insome rough water and it never moved..

Post Thanks / Like

The 1.5" won't hold up my 997 with boat speed over 20 mph, just the wind will lay it down. Get the 2.25" diameter mount ...ore you'll wish ya did.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

These guys are all telling you the same thing I was. Spend a little more and it may save you a lot more. Even with the bigger mounts I find myself reaching over and tightening it down every 5-10 minutes when the water gets real rough. A smaller one is just asking for trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

The Only Way to House Your Electronics Solid stainless and aluminum, will hold anything you can put on it.
    Owner - Russell's Reel Service - 618-252-0760 - Service, repair and parts for all brands of fishin' reels.
    Crappie Logic Jigs Pro Staff - www.crappielogic.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys. im probly gona go with the biggest 1. just to be safe