Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you fish for other than crappies?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you fish for other than crappies?

Hey I know this is a crappie forum,however even though crappies are my favorite to go fish for,I catch alot of other gamefish while out fishing for crappies,especially up here in the midwest.

I catch an aweful large amount of walleye, bass,perch,all bream,but I've also caught tons of bass,pike and even muskie while fishing for slabs.

Do you only consider yourself a crappie fisherman or a multi-species fisherman?

I consider myself only a crappie fisherman.
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

I do some bass fishing, and some bream fishing, but I realy consider myself a crappie fisherman. I used to be a bass fisherman, but now I see the light.

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie is the name of the game. But when the time is right my boys and I go for them nice big fat head blue gill. I like the fight they give and they sure taste good also.

Crappie X.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I always start out for crappie, and if they have lockjaw I go for bass, and then to 'gills or chinks. It's all good! :D Primarily I'm a crappie fisherman first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieMagnet
    Hey I know this is a crappie forum,however even though crappies are my favorite to go fish for,I catch alot of other gamefish while out fishing for crappies,especially up here in the midwest.

I catch an aweful large amount of walleye, bass,perch,all bream,but I've also caught tons of bass,pike and even muskie while fishing for slabs.

Do you only consider yourself a crappie fisherman or a multi-species fisherman?

I consider myself only a crappie fisherman.

I use to fish a lot of bass tournement's before I had 4 kids. With the entry fees that pretty much put and end to that. I have about a grand worth of bass rods reels, and tackle just collecting dust. So it's all about the crappie now. When I take my kids fishing we fish for anything that will bite. I sure wish I could say that I catch an aweful large amount of walleye though.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much fish for whatever happens to be biting at the time. I don't care if it's carp or dogfish. However I went to Hardy lake yesterday. Didn't catch much in the morning but went back in the afternoon and around 6:00 they started hitting again. My wife caught a 2 pound black and I caught a 2 pound white. Still had eggs and that surprised me. The water temp was 68 degrees but I guess all have not spawned yet
    Mike
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the only fish there was is Crappie. Those weird looking fish I catch sometimes are mutants of Crappie. There is this one fish that is really weird, it has slick skin and whiskers. It also grunts constantly, as if it were telling me to "please, return me to the water", which I promptly do.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie only.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

crappie are my bread and butter fish but I also fish for brim, big catfish and striper when they are hittin.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

mainly fish crappie, but also try and get in some time fishing for, walleye,bluegill,salmon,steelhead,and sometime like to bank fish for whatever wants to grab on......:D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast