Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Barren

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barren

Had been hearing good reports of nice catches of crappie up on my end of Barren this week. I haven't been able to fish any because of family stuff going on. So I decided to go while I had a chance.

My wife's Mother is dying with cancer so I got her lined out to go help with her before I leave.

I was in the process of unloading my jon boat from the bankand I get a call from her. I float it off and call her right back... Her car won't start. She has left the trunk open enough to cause the light in it to drain the battery. I'm not much on jumpp starting a new car with all the electronics and all but decide to try it. Took a little while, as it was dead as a hammer. It finally starts. I let it run awhile shut it of and it starts right up.. Ok. I head back to ramp. I'm hoping no one has stolen everything I own.

I get back. All is well. Jump in boat. Run up river to where it gets real shallow. Shut her down and slide trolling motor in water... Beep, I have a voicemail. It's the wife. She's stuck in the front yard. She's a great woman and like the first time tells me to go on and fish.. She's going to stay home. I can't let her do that. GOD only knows how many days her mother has. I crank up and run back to ramp. Tie boat off and run home.

I get here and hook a chain to the tow hook on front of her little car and to my Toyota's hook. Ease her out. She's upset about me not getting to fish and worried someone will clean me out since I left my boat. I tell her it's just fishing gear and don't worry.

I get back to ramp and fished for around 4 hours. Wind is out of east and they are pulling the lake hard so I knew it would be a miracle if I found them. I fished all afternoon and caught one 12" largemouth. Never even got a crappie bite. I threw every color in every way I knew. I even trolled some. Nothing. I guess someone was trying to tell me something all morning. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeppurs some times it just not in the cards..lol

Post Thanks / Like

You done more than a lot of guys would have. Hats off to you for taking of of others before yourself.

Just how much lower can they draw down? Its waaay down.

Blue
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583

Post Thanks / Like

She would have done it for me.

Its not down anymore. Going to be several days before its clear enough to fish though. Looks like chocolate milk.

Her mom died tonight so I guess I won't be fishing for a couple days.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss. Will keep you in our prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

What a trip. Kinda takes the fun out of it though. Prayers sent for all of you.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers to your family from JD and Susan

Post Thanks / Like

I love fishing but I never want my family feeling 2nd best. Makes you glad you did the right thing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words. My family comes first no matter what. I love to fish but love them more.

Lost my father and best friend a few years ago. I hate that nothing i can say or do that will make it better. Nothing but faith and time. If I could I would take the pain away... But, I can only support.