Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: KC Boat show and Bucksaw

Post Thanks / Like

Default KC Boat show and Bucksaw

Hit the boat show on Sat,,,visited Ill be Jigged Co. and picked up some of his no knot devices>>>looked like the ticket for running double drops on my spider rig rods...needless to say Sunday I was chewing at the bit to try them out, so off to Bucksaw to give them a whirl. Running a 3/8 oz sinker w/ two 1/6oz roadrunner heads at 18" intervals above (8 lb power pro braid). The fish were very cooperative, although the bite was very light still managed two limits, no real size to speak of just healthy, fat, ready for the grease fish. Felt good to sit behind the spider rigs. Still without my Humminbird 788ci HD DI (its in the shop) so i felt like a fish out of water w/o a graph to stare at. Fish were in 10-16 FOW right off the bottom, pink and white was the color. The boat show left a lot to be desired in my opinion, I was hoping for more fishing related equipment, I think that next year the Missouri CDC crew should set up a booth, and even get on the seminar schedule,,,who better to educate the crappie fishing public on successful tactics of Missouri Lakes. I would be happy to talk on how to successfully untangle six spider rig rods while trying to keep the boat from blowing up on the rocks!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like a great day, 6 rods and boat off rocks not fun though, been there done that! Did ya chatchem off bluffs, flats, creek channels, or creek mouths?

Post Thanks / Like

Just up off the creek channel

Post Thanks / Like

sound's like a great day! way to brave the wind, it was brutal! first weekend for a long time i did'nt fish at all and i got cabin fever already as for the boat/sport show i totally agree. i remember when i use to go with my pop's every year and it was isle's upon isle's of fishing and hunting stuff!!!! i havent went in a few year's... pretty boring to me.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

nice weekend sounds like to me, mall and fish, congrats.on leaving the mall and getting on some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I went the first year after moving up here from Arkansas then I went this year for the first time since. Big let down. Like you said, very little of what I'd be interested in. Doubt I'd attend ever again. Better things to do with my $30 (admission for two and parking).

At least I got to the Flying Saucer in KC, they had a nice IPA from Oregon.... Desutches Hope Henge... DELICIOUS!! And those girls wearing those short plade skirts, knee socks... gives one a reason to have more than one.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear the rigging bite is starting. Can't wait to get out and try break in the new rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I think bestcrappieman and crapmaster could put on a great seminar........ then I wouldn't have to leave town.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE